Google Play New Policy regarding data collection

So I have a question.
Few months back there was a topic about Policy agreement dialog within app, now with the latest policy update from Google we can see:

Here are some examples of common violations:
An app that collects and transmits the user’s inventory of installed apps without adequate disclosure and consent.

Transparency to users. The collection and use of the advertising identifier and commitment to these terms must be disclosed to users in a legally adequate privacy notification. To learn more about our privacy standards, please review our User Data policy.

So now that makes me wonder, do we have to include that dialog or not?

About the first point, I think it depends if the Ad Network you use actually collect and transmits the user’s inventory of installed apps.
It would be nice to find out which Networks do that.

The second point, I couldn’t find it in the new privacy policy. Where is it exactly?
Anyway it should be enough to have a Privacy Policy in the Google Play page for the general case of Advertising ID etc

It’s under Adverting ID section. I’d say most CPI networks collect installed apps data to provide more relevant ads. Otherwise they would just serve random ads to random users.

I think startapp collect information regarding installed app of users phone.
Can any one confirm it ?

If some of the Ads Network representatives posted here would be nice.

MobileCore collects list of installed apps

@jonathan: do AppNext collects and transmits the user’s inventory of installed apps?

What about startapp .?
Can anyone from startapp tell us regarding this issue ?

Most ads network collect list of installed apps. For me, I will just include this in privacy policy link in the store but not showing dialog inside the app for now.

No we don’t.

Thanks, would be really nice if other Networks posted something useful here :slight_smile:

Are you sure? they transmit it out too?

Yes, so that they won’t serve ads for app that is already installed in users phone.

Edit: I read it somewhere in their documentation.

Yeah I am sure but not sure they transmit it or not

Hello,

For your info, AdBuddiz doesn’t collect information regarding its users’ installed apps.

any news about startapp ???

I am also waiting for this answer.

Some representative from startapp should clear this issue.