Google's new ads policy

Today Google announced its new ads policy. Some regulations are pretty obvious. One of their rules is that ads may not interfere with device functionality. This would mean that showing an ad after pressing the backbutton is prohibited. So from now on ‘exit’ ads seem banned. This will affect a lot of developers. I do not have real exit ads, but I have exit ‘cross selling’; I propagate my own apps on exit with an interstitial, like “thank you for using this app”. Also by this developer blah blah. Would advertising one’s own apps on exit also be considered as 'interfering with device functionality?

I think exit ads are banned officially from Google play…some thing not good for many developers also me…One of my app with exit ads generates about $80-100 daily…Google particularly given instructions about exit ads so i need to remove that ad unit…I have a small question about this My app presently doesn’t have a splash screen so i want to design a splash with enter button and which navigates user to app and then user uses the app and press back button and ad shown to the user after dismissing the ad user goes to splash screen there he can press back button and exit app without ad…is this work guys…

Shouldn’t they at least give a deadline to update our Apps to the policy changes? I couldn’t find any mention to that.

I guess using backpress to trigger an Interstitil when going back from a secondary Activity to the Main Activity isn’t allowed as well.

EDIT: lol, they sent me email (with deadline) about this to the support email I use to display on Google Play instead of the proper registered email of the GP account…
Why the **** they didn’t show it in the Announcements in the dev console is behind me…

By the way: “Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, notification, or warning elements of an operating system.”
So having a button in the User Interface to go to a next level/activity/action can show an Interstitial? which will lead to the next level/activity/action only when dismissed?

I got the same to they didn’t send it to my GP mail…I got this mail to my support mail …seems I have to update apps from today…with mobilecore errors now this…so much work for us…

I worry about this:
"Inappropriate Ads
The ads shown within your app must be appropriate for the intended audience of your app, even if the content by itself is otherwise compliant with our policies. "
Admob may OK but other network seem have problem. If ads not meet the policy, they can remove our app.

These are the questions exactly I am looking to get answers…Do you know how to contact Google support directly so I can ask them about these…

This particular policy has always been effective. And it involves AdMob too.
I received 2 warnings in the past year about Ads shown in the App not being appropriate to the maturity level of the App.

Sadly it’s impossible to contact Google directly to ask those kind of questions. It would need some bigger developer with own account manager maybe.

I tried asking them via developer console about policy …Let’s see they can respond via these mails or ignore…We have 30 days…I will update apps after 10 days…

Most likely they will ignore or just reference to the Policy text. Even if they were willing to answer, the average person working there knows nothing in detail.
I understand that Google can’t have many proper employers… but at least they could make their ****ing guidelines more clear and with some more examples.
The only example about “Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app” is a Help icon used to send to an Advertisement in the browser. They should have added a case of an Interstitial that after being dismissed would open the actual Help page of the App too.

How the hell we are going to show interstitials in apps with these policies…
1)exit - not allowed
2) second to first activity - not allowed
3) navigating from one activity to other - not allowed

With all these what chances we have to show interstitial in apps…

I did not find any policy guideline that says exit ad is not allowed.
Showing application at the time of exiting app is prohibited.

Where you see 2 and 3 option is not allowed ?

Those are just my prediction for using physical button…3rd one makes me feel like we are disturbing user with ad before going to activity…

It really depends on the meanig of this: “Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app” (and their example of clicking an icon part of the App user interface)
If it really means that you can’t show any Ads when a user click a button/icon inside the App, then it’s quite troublesome.

So do you think we have any chance of showing interstitials …

Eh, that’s why I’m angry at Google. Why they couldn’t add a couple more example cases to theri new Policy?
For sure looks like that clicking a button on the App to show an Ad without any other effect (and using an Icon that deceive the User) is prohibited now (as their Help button example)
Hopefully they intended just strictly the above case and still is ok to show an Interstitial if it then connects to next Activity/Action/Level/etc

Yeah they are stupid…if we just ignore and use the method our apps get banned …I don’t want to risk that…I just remove all the interstitials after 10 days…most of my income comes from them though…

In the mail they mentioned that for new and updating apps it will be applied now so if we update apps now with ad between activity we will get the answers for our questions… If it’s not allowed they reject the APK else it’s good to go…what do you say guys…