Appnext results - New interstitial SDK

I got a few requests from developers to show my results from Appnext, so here goes:

Here is a breakdown by date, from February 1st:

And here is breakdown by GEO, for all of February:

A few comments:

1. In the past few days the eCPM has decreased a bit. Still, the average is above $5, which is great.
  2. Mobile Core are also giving me nice results, but not as good as these. Startapp doesn’t even come close (I left them long ago).
  3. US has a crazy eCPM, but nothing you should count on. I actually don’t understand how I got to this number :slight_smile:
  4. The best thing about this, for me, is that the eCPM is decent in almost every country. Any netwrok can do well in US or Canada. But most of them are horrible in Arab, Asian or tier 3-4 countries. That is why the overall eCPM is high.

Again - not all developers should use the same network. Some are good for you and not for me, and vice versa. Please remember that.

How does it compare to the old SDK?
And did you have such CTR also with old SDK?

Wow! great results! Congratz! Hope that good ecpm will be stable, even after some time from presenting new SDK…

Old SDK gave me about $2 eCPM less.
As far as I can tell - what really improved is the CR, not the CTR.

Indeed your CR is awesome, I use to have 0,5% CR , did you have my CR before?

No, I always had a better CR. Did you put the ad in app launch?

What are the ad categories that you need to block for considering 3+ maturity ratings for your apps on google play? Did you block any ad categories?

I actually didn’t block any categories. I think the best thing is to search on the web as to what categories you need to block. Probably Dating is one of them, maybe a a few more.

Do you use interstitial ads only or video ads too ? When I checked appnext ad load time was so slow for example to startapp.

a 50% CTR seems awesome to me. I have 15% CTR on app launch

I tried to implement it but seems like on the first launch the interstitial ad does not show up. It shows up the next time user comes to the app so it won’t show up the very first time user has launched the app. What did you do in that case?

I guess you did something wrong with integration.

Does is appear in app launch, first thing that the user sees? naturally, there are some random/unwanted clicks from users, which makes the CTR very high. It helps, of course. But CR shows how good an ad really is.

I implemented it the same way as indicated in the guide. And i am saying that it just does not show the first time. The support team says you should skip it for the first time , show the ad the next time user comes to the app as the first time would take longer than normal to initialize. Correct me if am wrong or if you have implemented the right way.

The interstitial is a video now, with more icons below the video. I’m not sure, but I don’t think there is a ‘regular’ interstitial anymore.

@jonathan, can you please explain?

I integrated appnext sdk one more time to my one app and now works more smooth when I changed min api to 15 and integrated gp services. I integrated on launch and when back button is pressed and it looks nice but not so fast like in startapp.

Yesterday I had 17k impressions in startapp on this app and revenue was only 20$ with 17,39% CTR and 1,20$ ECPM.The biggest Geo is usually India, USA and Russia.

I’ll tell u difference between startapp and appnext when stats will update tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
I hope these stats will be similar to yours on this topic :slight_smile:

Hi,

The new interstitial is video. If the user has low internet connectivity, it will show the regular interstitial (with the image instead of the video).
We just released a new version today- repaired a few minor bugs, so check it out. Load time should be a bit faster now, but of course a video needs a few seconds to load.

Main thing is - eCPM are very good now.

Did you set up Listener? check if the Ad is loaded before showing it (or add some logs to Error case to see what’s going wrong)

@jonathan Can I mediate your SDK with AdMob?

Unfortunately no.