Can app be removed from Play Store because a bug?

If an app published on Google Play Store stops working for some reason (for example thrid part API change, ora any other reason), it can be removed from the store? Anybody had experience with this?

You mean you are not able to removed suspended app from Google Play developer console?
If yes, then its not a bug. Even i have one suspended app and there is no option to remove suspended apps from developer console.
But yes, there are vey norwal way for removing active apps from store.

No, some user will report about stop working bug to your developer console page and you can fix those bugs.

No, some user will report about stop working bug to your developer console page and you can fix those bugs.

And if I don’t fix the bugs even after user reports?

I suppose it depends on the bug. If let’s say the app makes phone calls due to a bug, or is a lockscreen that you cannot unlock, I would expect it will get removed due to the user complaints

I suppose it depends on the bug. If let’s say the app makes phone calls due to a bug, or is a lockscreen that you cannot unlock, I would expect it will get removed due to the user complaints

Let’s say for example it is supposed to perform search, but search api in use is broken and search show nothing. It can be removed by google?

I don’t think so

I have just read play store policy carefully and I think it can fall in deceptive behaviour.

Products must provide accurate disclosure of their functionality and should perform as reasonably expected by the user.

You never know my friend.
I think it would be removed sooner or later but to tell you that it will stay forever, definitively not.

If you want some facts, it happened with me a year ago.
I had an app that saves free commercial ringtones, I was buzy creating other apps until I noticed some drop in rating and when I checked I saw that the api was not working properly so I had to make an update.
While I was updating the api for two days I received a fake DMCA from a Chinese company stating that my app some copyrighted ringtones.

How is this even possible ?
My app search function was broken for like a month or something…

One wise man here said.
Don’t trust Google.

Best of luck.

Yes, don’t trust Google. Google is always changing its mind. No problem today doesn’t mean forever.