Admob - high amount of invalid traffic for 24 - 25 dec (10% of income)

Hello,

Anyone else had invalid traffic for 24 - 25 dec? I had high amount for those two days (10% of income for 24 - 25 dec).
Normally my invalid traffic is about 0.25% for whole month.

i was not aware about it , thats why im not using it, there is lots of issue with it , im happy with mobilecore

Have the same issue. For 2 years of my AdMob history there was always about $1-$2 of invalid traffic every month. Now admob console says invalid trafic is ~$200 for 26-27 dec !!! I did not change anything in my app. I’ve never clicked my own ads.

Where do you see the invalid traffic in the console? (before the end of the month)

Check out “payments” screen.

My payments screen only show the Invalid Traffic by month (once a month summary, not day by day)…

Usually there are only Invalid Traffiic for whole month (added after closing month), but this month i’ve got position for only two days (24 - 25 dec), also during month.

What was your income for those two days? I’ve had about 880$ income and 85$ invalid trafic. So almost 10%. I’ve also didn’t change anything in my apps.

Income for those two days was about … $37. Yes, 37 U S D. ($37 income, $200 invalid traffic) - very strange

I’ve received answer from AdMob:

"We understand you recently received a payment adjustment for invalid activity and would like to know more details. In a limited number of cases, there are advertisers from whom we cannot collect payments, such as those that use stolen credit cards or default on payments. When that happens, we have to deduct the charges from publishers on whose sites those advertisers’ ads appeared.

Our team works diligently to ensure that these instances are rare so that we maintain a safe ecosystem for users, publishers, and advertisers. Please note that any fraudulent advertiser accounts are suspended indefinitely and are no longer permitted to run ads on our network.

These adjustments do not reflect invalid clicks or impressions by users on your site. As a result, it’s not necessary to make any immediate changes to your ad implementation."

Well, that is some grade A bullshit from Google… someone screwed them over, so now they are going to pass the fail onto you so it costs you ? I bet they have an extra special clause in the terms of service… or it would not be legal.

Imagine:

1. You make and sell a widget to BIG_SUPERSTORE
  2. Said store then sells widget to someone who uses counterfeit money
  3. BIG_SUPERSTORE now refuses to pay you for the widget at the end of the month when they process payments

it might be some error don’t worry it will be ok

15.72$ for Nov 1 - Nov 30.
4.37$ for Dec 1 - Dec 31

I hope this is the same info shown under payment tab in adsence settings.

400 € for Dec 23- Dec 26 of invalid traffic
Previous month 3.50 €

ouch :’(

How do you understand these are invalid traffic and clicks?

It appears in payments page per month in your adsence account.

Hi, anyone got realy big AdMob CPC today? Got 3 clicks with 5 USD CPC from Australia, so made 15 USD from 3 Clicks. Is it normal that some times CPC increases a lot?

Dec 22, 2015 - Dec 26, 2015 Invalid Traffic - AdMob Applications - AdWords Ads $613 - about 14% monthly earning as invalid traffic.
We will see how this will look like in January.

maybe but we know why they do it, to protect themselves against scammers running up ad impressions and clicks in their own apps and not paying.