Airpush smartwall : Violation of the Ad Policy, app banned

Hi.

One of my app has been removed : REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the Ad Policy.

After investigation I noticed ads from airpush can be shwon outside the app :confused:

My app is composed of 3 screens, the second screen display the interstitial ad. If you quit the app fast enough, the app appears after quitting the app :confused:

Iā€™m not using caching, I instanciate airpush and call startSmartWallAd.

Am i the only one banned for this reason ? How are you using airpush to avoid this problem ? How can I be sure Iā€™m inside the app when ad is display ?

Thanks guys !

What ad types do you have activated for Smartwall? Look in your airpush dashboard, there are :

App Wall Ads
Dialog Ads
Landing Page Ads
Rich Media Full Page Ads

I know 1-2 weeks ago the Landing Page Ads ad type was forwarding the user to the Play Store even if he didnā€™t clicked on any ads.

Additionally how many current installs did you have before getting banned.

Yes it is the problem, I checked all type and one of the type (I donā€™t know which one) is redirecting to the Play Store without user action :confused:

40.000 for this app!
For now only this app have been deleted, my account is good for the moment.

So I just deactivated all smartwall in my other appsā€¦

Yeap, it means that the Landing Page Ads is not compliant :confused:

Sorry for your loss. However itā€™s AirPushā€™s fault that they still didnā€™t fixed this issue. Oh well, when you spend $15 millions you donā€™t get too much time to fix some ā€œsmallā€ issues.

I donā€™t really care about this app in particular, I can republish it, no pb.
But it is not my first removal, Iā€™m a little bit scared for my dev account, it would be a big loss for me :confused:

Yes really sorry for your loss. 40000 current installs is a good number. Wish you all the best for future. Why donā€™t you try re-publishing this app again in 1.5-2 months and also try releasing an iphone/ipad version of the same. if the app has been successful on android, it can be on ios too.

Sorry, 4.000 current installs :slight_smile: for 40.000 total installs. This app is deleted quicklyā€¦

Hi Limp,

I just sent you an email, can you please reply so we can investigate why this happened.

To everyone using airpsuh smartwall, how are you doing to be sure ads are not display outside the app?

Donā€™t call the smartwall if the user clicks the Back button when he is on your main(first) screen. Because if he clicks the Back button then he will exit the app and the smartwall will appear in 1-3 seconds(when the app is not running anymore).

p.s. sorry for my french, hope you understood me))

The smartwall is called when the user get back to the 2nd second screen (menu).

Nobody knows how to check if the app is still running?

Maybe try sth like this:

if (! ((Activity) mContext).isFinishing()) {
//ads
}

The problem is for example with Airpush,ā€¦ that you cannot preload the ad, and then decide to show it or not.

Thanks, it is something like that I want to try. But do you know when activity is deleted? Ad is shown in the second screen. Just after pressing back button the ad is deleted or after app exit?

With new sdk you can pre-cache ads.

Nice to hear that! Was busy with coding and not tried new SDK in new apps :wink:

I think Iā€™ll try smth like this. I hope there is no delay between before activity is deletedā€¦
private boolean isMyServiceRunning() {
ActivityManager manager = (ActivityManager) getSystemService(ACTIVITY_SERVICE);
for (RunningServiceInfo service : manager.getRunningServices(Integer.MAX_VALUE)) {
if (ā€œcom.example.MyServiceā€.equals(service.service.getClassName())) {
return true;
}
}
return false;
}
(Android: check if a service is running)

limp, you could also intercept BACK button and then postDelay the finish of activity so it actually closes 1 sec. after the ad is shown.

I thought about it but I donā€™t know if it is google compliantā€¦

Hi @limp,

You are not the only one complaining about being flagged by Google for this type of advertising by AirPush. I believe you can opt-out of this advertising method.

@javaexp,

Google is looking for all apps that do not comply no matter the amount of installs. (aka example from today, developer only had a few hundred installs.)