Extremely low CPM from Avocarrot

since more than a month now i am getting very low cpm from avocarrot ! first it was around 0.4$ and then now it has fallen down to 0.26$ this is seriously ridiculous :frowning: is anyone else facing such low cpms from avocarrot ?
Screenshot 2015-11-26 20.30.27.jpg
i dont blame the management since they always have been responsive to my questions . but its of no use if the matter has no solution . let me know your thots on avocarrot and if u have any good replacement for it ?

Hi @kingloki1991 - could you please PM me your account details so that I can look at your appā€™s performance drop?

I have about 0.35$ ecpm
At the moment I think there is no other easy to implement solution for Native Ads in a list view.
But if your skills are good enough I would try FAN. (I would try FAN myself if it was easy to integrate as Avocarrot)

EVERY time someone posts low eCPM, the standard tactic is for a rep from the company to do damage control.

This is EXACTLY how they do it:

1. Reach out to the person complaining
  2. Claim much higher payouts and that ā€˜something must be wrongā€™
  3. Tell them they will work with them to fix the problem

Then you hear nothing from the person complaining for the next 3 weeks at least and everyone else watching assumes it was an isolated case. The reality is that the person has been working with the rep to ā€˜fixā€™ the problem. Some companies will even boost an accountā€™s eCPM artificially for a week to keep the traffic.

I have seen this tactic with at least 6 different companies and it pisses me off.

Since some others showed their Avocarrot eCPM data, here is some additional data:

lern 2 MoPub my friendā€¦ MoPub will do Native mediation between multiple networks, INCLUDING Avocarrot and FAN.

Hi @mind - thanks for sharing your stats. Itā€™d be great if more app devs here embraced a collaborative approach and shared their stats for all ad networks (not only from Avocarrot) to increase overall transparency.

While not always the case, we have actually helped a number of developers fix their problems after complaining. I encourage them to share their story here.

Iā€™m asking here for the account details of @kingloki1991 because thereā€™s no way for me to link a MMWA username with the actual Avocarrot account. If you contact us directly through the dashboard chat we have the account details, but through MMWA we donā€™t.

We want to be transparent and I want to share below exactly how Avocarrot works:

1. Our first action will be to make sure we donā€™t have a system-wide issue - we went to great lengths over the past months to implement multiple monitoring and alerting systems, but we canā€™t catch all issues as of now. The most critical ones are being covered though.

2. After that, we will examine the past performance of various key metrics for the apps we have received the complain for.

3. We also check the SDK versions that sent us the ad requests for those apps. In a large number of cases, updating to the latest SDK version will solve some of the more regular issues. With some specific SDK updates, we are also adopting new features that have been released in the backend (we try hard to also maintain backward-compatibility to SDK versions up to 12 months old). The latest Android SDK v3.5.1 is one such an example - weā€™ve rolled out a new ad pooling mechanism and some UUID enhancements that both had a positive uplift on the actual number of impressions that are being delivered to the users. Weā€™d strongly advise all our Android publishers to update to that version.

4. The most difficult cases are usually the fill rate and eCPM drops - in the majority of the cases, these are not in our direct control. As you probably know, Avocarrot is a native ads exchange and operates on a real-time bidding second-price auction model. We have a number of programmatic advertising partners throughout the world and we have a dedicated team that works to attract even more. When you make an ad request to the Avocarrot servers, our exchange servers will fire up multiple requests to all the advertising partners connected on the exchange with details about the request (including any extra targeting data) and, if they want, they will place their bids. The highest bidder always wins and pays the price of the second-highest bidder (ensuring value maximization for both sides). We will then return the native ad assets to the SDK and also register the auction results to our analytics database. All this process usually takes place in under 150 milliseconds.

The ā€œif they wantā€ part is usually the trickiest part to communicate when there are eCPM and fill rate drops. The entire process described above is purely a programmatic one, however, humans will actually decide ā€œif, when and how muchā€ they will bid for displaying a native ad in a particular app. Although, the majority of the industry is not operating that way, we made a conscious decision to communicate exactly to our advertising partners on which app they are spending their money on. We provide them a dedicated dashboard where they can see the name of your app and upon requests we also provide them your appā€™s urls to download and check it themselves. The ā€œif they wantā€ part makes a whole world of difference on whether your app will see X% fill rate and $Y eCPM. There are many cases where the advertisers will run some evaluation campaigns and if they are happy with the overall performance they will shift more budgets to your apps (eCPM & fill goes up). At the same time, they might decide not to invest further or a campaign in a specific region might have just ended (eCPM & fill goes down). Obviously, there are other factors affecting eCPM & fill but these are usually some common cases.

Avocarrot makes money only when an app developer makes money (we take a commission). The more you make, the more we make ( for both keeping the servers and lights on, as well as for the company revenue). The more the advertisers spend, the more we all make. Good performance of your native ads integration, quality apps and high volume are of paramount importance to the biggest advertisers that spend the most dollars. We are very sensitive to our advertiser relations and we are trying hard to provide the best value to them. At the same time, we want to provide the best native ads product out there so that app developers can leverage its power to provide the best experience to their users.

We canā€™t fix all the problems and donā€™t always achieve to help every app developer out there.

The only thing we ask is to be fair and honest when you leave a review for Avocarrot, as an appreciation for the countless hours our team is spending to provide a quality product and service to the ones that need it. And please continue sharing your Avocarrot stats, as it help us remain transparent. If you are not happy, please express your complaint and leave your negative review - we process everything internally and these complaints are usually one of the drivers of our product roadmap. Something similar to when one of your users leaves a negative review on one of your apps.

Apologies for the long reply, but if you read so far then you probably could relate with one of the complaints we have from our side as well and which is that although weā€™d like to consider all app developers that use Avocarrot as our partners (we have mutually aligned goals), we are usually recipients of huge hostility when something goes wrong.

If you are not happy with Avocarrot, please leave your feedback so that others can know too and someone from our team will reach out to try to resolve it.

George

hi, i have sent you pm with my account details . the thing is we have discussed over it quite a few times on avocarrot itself . i found avocarrot really promising 5 months back and enjoyed 2$ cpm mark for 3 months but then suddenly one day cpm was down to 0.4 since then i have waited for 2 months to see some change but was disappointed . i am always happy with the fast response given by avocarrot which is one fact i havenā€™t yet switched to another network since you guys are always on time with payments also . but the fact that im losing on revenue has made me question the ads algorithm that you briefly described where advertisers hold the control of bidding resulting in my poor cpm .

Is your eCPM from Interstitials or Native Ads? or both?

might be your content has less attraction to users now.

You should use mediation if you have issues with eCPM and fill rate. Iā€™m experiencing a decent eCPM (I show ads only in a ListView) but not very good fill rate that is why I use MoPub mediation.

I wouldnā€™t recommend using only 1 network. Iā€™ve used FAN before but I was totally disappointed with the eCPM.

Iā€™ll continue the revenue posting so here my stats for November from Avocarrot:

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 8.55.21 PM.jpg

@mak
In case anyone thinks I was bashing Avocarrot. I was not. They are very responsive and have fixed bugs in their SDK for me in the past. What I was commenting on was industry norms when it comes to how to handle a situation. And no, they did not complain to me about my post. I just happen to like the guys and how transparent they try to be.

Just ONCE, I want to see a rep say: ā€œYes, your eCPM sucks ass and is WAY below what we see and tell people is the average. The reason is that your app is used by people in location X and their are almost no advertisers for that region. THIS is why your fill rate it very low. Also, your users donā€™t click on ads, so your CTR is under 0.10%. Sorry, but we believe you will get the same results with any other ad SDK.ā€

what you say is true i shudnt use just one network in an app , i never used a mediation plugin before i shall try mob pub , thanks !

the thing is i have 20k + active users so i dont think the reason can be content attraction .

my cpm is with native ads bro

Their ecpm is slowly recovering in my apps