Google Play App Listings Will Say if an App has Ads in Early 2016

I received this email from Google

Hello Google Play Developer,

At Google I/O, we launched “ad-supported” labels for apps in the Designed for Families program. Today, we’re announcing the expansion of this program to all apps on Google Play. Early next year, users will start to see the “Ads” label on apps that contain advertising, both inside and outside Designed for Families.

By January 11, 2016, you must sign in to the Play Developer Console and declare whether your apps contain ads (such as ads delivered through third party ad networks, display ads, native ads, and/or banner ads). After this date, the ads declaration will be required to make any updates to your apps. Please note that misrepresenting ad presence violates Google Play Developer Program Policies and may lead to suspension. You can visit our help center to learn more.

While developers are responsible for accurately declaring ad presence in their apps, Google may verify this at any time and display the “Ads” label if appropriate.

If you feel your app has been incorrectly flagged for containing ads, please contact our policy support team.

Regards,
The Google Play Team

Good that they will not ban app if u will not fill this:)

They will! Read this email again!

I have already filled it up.
Its kind of madentory before the due date.

I do not think it will impact download or revenue.

I read it few times. They wrote:

After this date, the ads declaration will be required to make any updates to your apps. Please note that misrepresenting ad presence violates Google Play Developer Program Policies and may lead to suspension.

There is not info that if u not fill it they will ban u. They only wrote that if you will put not real information in the quesitonaire (misrepresenting) - then they can ban u. If you will not make update to your app - i think oyu dont have to fill it

Just fill it if your app did not violates any policies. If it did, you better don’t fill it.

i am new to app biz. 2 days ago,i uploaded apk. everything okey. for now app unpublished.
where can i find this ad questionnaire ?

I don’t think its live yet?

It is live since the notice. Check ‘PRICING & DISTRIBUTION’ tab on dev console.

Thanks!

Looks like if the app is detected as using Admob they auto-select “yes” for the app.