New Airpush Representative

Hello MMWA, I am your new Airpush representative, Kristy. I will PM you each individually in order to connect you with your account managers and resolve your issues. If anyone else has any problems with their accounts, dont hesitate to PM me as well. Thanks.

Nick was better involved in the community, Airpush is dumb for changing employees. It is good to have people who know the business and who are knowledgeable. As of today Samsung as put a ban on ALL AIRPUSH SDK’s so people can’t even use airpush on Samsung App Market anymore.

Yes Nick was perfect guy nice support .I remember my account manager does not reply me for months but nick always made things work .

Is it why apps with airpush get a change of status lately? They actually suspend them. Do you get same?

To sum it up, Airpush is clearly shit.

Samsung apps are a joke, I’ve been trying to make an account on the samsung market for 2+ years, but EVERY password under the sun i enter to register it says “Password should contain the English alphabet, numbers and special characters.” Hell I’ve tried hundreds, used generators. Site is a joke. Seriously, English alphabet??? Just let me use my own passwords.

They are a joke my friend but Samsung gives decent downloads for me…they are joke interms of their passwords and login details…

Heres a password suggestion from my side Numb3rs try this :stuck_out_tongue: works (even I struggled at first but it didnt take 2 long )

wow i think i got it!!! numbers wasn’t it but after atleast 50 attempts today i found one

So your password is that …just kidding …:slight_smile:

oh please noooo … it took efforts of several hrs to make something like that :stuck_out_tongue: dont ruin my hard work

Those who think this thread is going no where …well this post deserves nothing as airpush has always fooled developers all do but airpush has certainly crossed there limits openly so please DONT YOU EVER DARE TO INTEGRATE AIRPUSH AGAIN UNLESS THEY REVERT BACK THERE BUNDLE 2 RATES :stuck_out_tongue: