ADVANCED SETTINGS - control your ads!

Hi developers,

It appears that the hot topic this last few weeks is ad control, especially when the ads are not only irrelevant, but also harmful and can get you banned from Google Play.

Appnext has never got any developer banned, but we are still interested to give you to power to decide which advertiser best fits your app. And we want to give you the option to block and ads that you don’t want to see in your app. And of course, it’s all in your self-serve platform.

Here how to do it:

1. In your Appnext account, go to your app placements and click on ‘Advanced Settings’:

2. Opt out of any advertiser, app or campaigns. You can also choose to block certain categories.

3. Minimum serving - if you don’t want to receive campaigns that pay lower than a certain rate, you can do that as well.

The control is yours. Now take it!

Any questions - let me know.

Does AppNext serve Fanduel or DraftKings ads?

we have over 1,500 campaigns in our platform, so of course I don’t know most of them. But if it’s not an app - we can’t promote it.

Or the best

1. Put json file on your server
  2. Integrate ad networks
  3. Use ad network in conditions
    for example:
    if(json1.contains(“appnext”)
    {
    start.Appnext();
    }

:smiley: simple :smiley:

It’s an App and many people got app removed from Google Play because of it. Honestly you should know if you serve such App or not if you want to maintain your claim of never having a developer App banned.

Actually, no - I’m not supposed to know. We have an entire department for that. Are these apps on Google Play? If the’re not, and it looks like the’re not, then again - they cannot be promoted by Appnext.

From which version of SDK does it work? I see totally different control panel when i click “advanced settings”. But it’s maybe because i have really old sdk in my apps

It’s not related to your SDK, it’s something in our admin that needs to be switched off for old accounts. Try again! It should work now.

hi, jonathan, it was not related with this, but I tried appnext latest VideoInterstitial, it seems loading forever, buggy. I had switched back to old sdk again. Anyone else using VideoInterstitial had this problem?

Sorry, I just saw this post! The video should have these issues! write me in private and I’ll take a closer look.

Hi Jonathan,
beside all your nice work on the dashboard, something very essential from my point of view is missing. Let me explain it with an example:

Let say I have an app and I have an user from Germany
Let say that in Germany you have 3 advertisers that pay you 0.5$ for install, 0.7$ for install and 1.2$ for install.
Let say that the one with 0.7$ have greater ecpm rate.

So what ad do you show when the user open my app? Most of the time I think you show the one with greater ecpm so the one that pay 0.7$ per install.
Now the problem is that you don’t share money in a constant way with developers, so what happens is that if I set minimum CPI = 0 you will pay me from 0.07$ to 0.25$ for install. If i set min CPI = 0.4$ you will pay me 0.41$ for install or if I set it min CPI = 0.6$ you will pay me 0.61$ for install (and here I’ll lose the first advertiser with 0.5$ per install).

What I’m asking is a simple and basic question: I want to get the BEST CPI that you can offer from an advertiser without having to set it on my dashboard. I don’t want to see anymore situations where if I set minimum CPI = 0.3$ than you pay 0.31$ while the true value for an install is 0.8$. I just want you to be more honest here and after many observations I know that you aren’t. I think the true share rate should be about 70% (70% me and 30% you ) or something like that if I’m not wrong,

Maybe what I’m asking is achievable by a mediation platform where you will be than forced to offer the best CPI in order to get on the top of the waterfall but my apps are small and I can’t double their size by implementing 5Mb sdk of these platforms
I don’t know if I was clear enough but that’s why I left your network

Hi,

First of all - you don’t have to set anything. We have an algorithm in place to optimize all the ads shown on your app to generate the highest eCPM for you. I’m not really sure what you meant by being honest - if you set the bar at minimum $0.5 CPI, then only promotions that produce more than $0.5 for an install will be shown in your app. The revenue share is indeed 70-30 for all developers.
By the way, we have a plugin in Mopub, so feel free to use us through them as well.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have more - let me know. It’s important to me to hear this feedback, even if you don’t work with us.

Hi Jonathan. I just integrated your new SDK with video ads and i got error:

11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): Process: com.example.christmasringtones, PID: 25556
11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): android.util.AndroidRuntimeException: Calling startActivity() from outside of an Activity context requires the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag. Is this really what you want?
11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): at android.app.ContextImpl.startActivity(ContextImpl.java:1610)
11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): at android.app.ContextImpl.startActivity(ContextImpl.java:1597)
11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): at android.content.ContextWrapper.startActivity(ContextWrapper.java:337)
11-02 18:43:24.428: E/AndroidRuntime(25556): at com.appnext.appnextinterstitial.InterstitialManager.showInterstitial(InterstitialManager.java:48)

I made steps from your site and tried to open sample ad… Can you post it to your devs and let me know what’s wrong?

Hi,

You called showInterstitial() with ApplicationContext rather than with ActivityContext.
We have changed the code so it can fit this way as well - however, it’s need to go through QA before uploading it to the server.

In the meantime, until it fixed, you can call showInterstitial with ActivityContext and it will work.

You are useful as always, Jonathan! Thanks for help, now it’s working:)

JSON idea is good. Can you share the JSON?

Fixed jar was uploaded to the server now - if you need it :slight_smile: