Appnext - Results and Experiences

Hey guys

Who’s using Appnext?

I’m trying them, it’s too early to tell (3 days of use), but so far the eCPM isn’t very good: $1.10.

Other numbers: the CTR is pretty high: 7.5%, but the conversion is low for me (1.3% of the clicks turned into an install).

My opinions so far:

• eCPM is low, I think it’s because the campaigns are not good: from my tests I would get mostly some slot machine games, and certainly my audience (women, 35+ yo) doesnt like that. I dont know for other regions if there are other campaigns.

• The AppWall is pretty nice and shows incredibly fast: all other interstitials I tried from other companies are slow because of my game’s OpenGL/game engine, so they take a while to show because the activity is paused, the surface is destroyed, etc, but with Appnext they show the interstitial on top of the surface, so there’s no delay in destroying/recreating the surface, making it very fast (instantaneous). That’s a very positive point in my opinion.

• Im having some crashes on their SDK. An Ad provider’s SDK should never ever crash the main program. Thats a very bad point for me, as I have a small but loyal audience that plays for an extended period every day, so I cant afford to crash them out of the game and lose a player.

What about you? Do you use them?

Best

Hi,

That’s great feedback, and I do mean the bad parts as well.
I have to say, this is the first time Iv’e heard of our SDK crashing any game. It might be an issue with the specific placement, but at any case - that’s a huge issue and absolutely not acceptable, so contact me (or anyone else you talked to at appnext, if you did) to fix this thing ASAP. Same as for the low conversion. This is something we need to look into. my email:
[email protected]

Talk to us to work it out, and again - we appriciate the feedback.

ecpm in my case for the past 7 days has been 1.5$, at the beginning of the month it was 4-5$ , still 1.5$ is not bad

I got about 14k$ from mC that day and from appnext I got only 136$ :slight_smile: They servers did down.