Picking up Ad Network

hey guys,

I’m going to release a new app on the play store tonight , I’ve been closely following many posts and the results are very much varying from post to post…

I’ve got the following ad formats in my app

Entry ad-Thinking about leadbolt
Interstitial-AppFlood, or mediation?
Banner -Thinking about mediation through mopub
Video-Thinking about Vungle
App wall-Thinking about AppFlood
Exit Ad-Thinking about LeadBolt

Can anyone tell me any pitfalls they might have experienced by a particular network i mentioned above? Or any network i should consider in particular in any formats?

PS- i’ve used admob before , and now i cant even sign up for the new one :@ a big pain in the back!

My recommendation: Use mediation for everything.

If you’re happy enough to write your own adapters for networks which aren’t supported by MoPub (like Appflood), this will give you a lot of extra freedom. You can try out different ad network combinations down the track, without needing to release a new build. And if you get banned from one network you can easily replace it with no lost earnings.

In my latest app I’ve integrated many different interstitial providers using MoPub.

Thanks David,

It would be nice of you to share some adapters which you have made ,if not the whole then just snippets?

Regarding video ads:

I have experimented a lot with video ads and, at least for my apps, this ad network gives me by far the highest eCPMs for video ads: mobFox (referral link)
eCPM is around 3$-5$ (most of my traffic is US traffic - but my apps with european traffic do also perform very well with eCPMs around 3$ which is still much better than most interstitals/appwalls nowadays).

The have a clean interface, easy to integrate SDK, a realtime dashboard and I’ve never had any problems with their payments.

Definately worth a try!

cheers and good luck!
Skeet

On their site they say that the payment is within 60 days after the end of the month. This is toooo long.

I was using them 1 year ago when there were not so many ad networks around. They always paid on time - and to be honest, if I can earn double the amout of what I can earn from other ad units/networks, it’s ok for me to wait a little longer for my payments.

I’ve signed up using your referral. I will try it out and post the results here on the forum (on a new thread if one doesnt exist yet).

One thing I’m always skeptical about video ads is that they aren’t universally compatible (with older devices - either by crashing, or having a minimum Android version greater than my app’s, or just not loading). What has been your experience?

I didn’t try it on an own older device, but impressions fit the downloads quite well (100k users atm), so I assume they work fine on older devices. I have also not received any complaints about this yet.

Great.

I’ve integrated, but still am waiting for their approval to see a real video ad (the test ad isnt a video, which doesnt make much sense to me).

Guys, feel free to try out appnext if you haven’t already :wink:

Obviously I’m biased but it would be great if some of the many devs around this forum can share their results with us.
Following the policy changes and the focus on in-app monetization, it’s important to work with a company that it is its expertise.

Just a another quick note, we are about to release a SUPER INTERESTING in-app product and we are looking for the first partners to join on board and be a show case. If you have an app with more than 100,000 DAU, please contact me via my email - elad @ appnext . com or send a private msg.
(Sorry if we can’t take everyone, we have limited places for 5 developers).

Thanks!

Approval usually takes about 2 hours, I’m looking forward to seeing your results.
You can use this Publisher ID in order to get a real video test ad: 7e9fe879ef86ffa86071cddbd7ec6203 (this test ID is shown in their help section).

David Solid Point! Why? Because ad networks have become a commodity overnight.

@skeeter , thanks, Im aware about mob fox and i’ll check that out , theyre awesome if your users come from europe , maybe i’ll program something in my app which would show mobfox if the user is from europe and vungle if USA… appnext has video ads?

@protonsavy we don’t have video ads, nor planning to get into developing ones.

It’s been around 24h and still no approval.

From what I see in their support page it’s a pretty common problem (and their support sucks):

https://getsatisfaction.com/mobfox

Also, using the test publisher Id it shows a video (pretty nice), but when I click it nothing happens (not even the adClicked callback is called). Dont know if it’s because its a test publisher, or if theres something wrong with my implementation.

@rottz As with inmobi, you need to push mobfox support too.

Yeah, thanks :slight_smile: I had sent a support ticket yesterday and no reply. This morning I sent an email to support@ and 30min later I got it approved (a few minutes after my last post of this thread). But now I have sent another email due to being unable to properly test the video ads. Hopefully today I can publish a new version of my game with the video ads to start testing it.

ok all the best!!

It’s not your fault, I just tested with the test ID and for me nothing is happening too. But in my final release with my real ID everything works well.

Hi,

Good choices above.
As always I think it is always good to spread your eggs in a few baskets. There are only 2 issues that I can think of:

1. Conflicting SDKs
  2. Making sure that all the Networks meet the new Google Policy.

If you would like to check MOBARIO out and give us a try, you are most welcome.
You can work with all the above and earn extra on every install! First 1500 installs is $75!

Always here to help!

Mobario_Man