LeadBolt Android SDK v6.00 is Now Available

I have got a notification today from Leadbolt that a new Android SDK is available with 100% Google Play compliance, they also give $100 just for updating to this latest version and $30 for each friend you refer.

Yes but not all of them. They said:

we are offering $100 to every publisher that earns $1000 using this SDK in the month of October.

leadbolt gave me pathetic ecpms in last 3-4 days.

Undoubtedly the worst Android Ad network.

leadbolt was a good ad network, i used to earn $2000+

but something happened to them, now they offer worst fillrates and ecpm so making $1000 is a nightmare

if someone makes $1000 with leadbolt, he can make $10k with other ad network from same impressions

Yeah! you are right…

New REVOLUTIONARY ad-unit: Floating ads! XDDD

in 2012 Leadbolt was a good ad network, from what I’ve heard they lost majority of their advertisers which would explain their crap CPM and low fill rates. Interested in seeing how their new floating ads and audio ads look. If anyone upgrades to their new SDK can you provide your app link. I wanna see their new floating unit.

give me name of that ad network :smiley: my friend is earning more than 1k $ :cool:

Where did you hear LeadBolt lost advertisers ? This is totally false. We have more advertisers than ever and are growing faster than ever. Please share your source with the group, accountability is important when you are spreading false rumors.

Also, if you really a client, if you can be kind enough to share your Pub ID with me so I can help you identify any issues you are having.

Hey javaexp, I’m sorry to hear about your eCPM issues, can you PM me your pub ID so I can look into your account?

We are all the same are you kidding me ?

@LeadBolt: Your standard reply pissed me off. Please let me apologize for my reply in advance :slight_smile:

EDIT: Most of this post is aimed at ALL advertisement companies… NOT just Leadbolt

EVERY time someone has complained about eCPM, Leadbolt has asked for the pub-id. Leadbolt then works with the person to improve the eCPM. Great! However anecdotal reports suggest that the improvement does not last. This was my experience as well. Maybe the average price for adverts goes down. However developers are paranoid about being screwed by the networks (I have been personally screwed out of > $35k by other networks). Developers need more transparency if they are going to trust you. They also need a better customer relationship.

In this day and age, there is no excuse for not reaching out to your customers who show your adverts and saying “hey, ads are not paying that well at the moment, but we expect a new client to bring higher paying stuff online in 2 days”.

I used to do millions of impressions/day with Leadbolt. Lifetime earning is over $75k with them. Now Amazon gets all my traffic and Leadbolt is at the bottom of my MoPub waterfall and only get around 200k impressions/day. This is Blackberry traffic that I have no idea what to do with. That’s bad customer retention right there.

Why ? BECAUSE THE ECPM IS HIGHER ELSEWHERE !!! You guys used to pay me closer to $1 eCPM. People here follow the money…

And PLEASE, DO NOT send me email telling me that I need to integrate interstitials or app walls, or something else if I want more money. It is VERY possible to do well with Banners. I have personally seen CTR’s of over 7% for well targeted and well designed creatives. And I have seen Admob text only adverts give a 0.1% CTR. For the same audience. If the app only has a 0.4% CTR, it means the creatives in the network either suck, or are not well targeted. Either way, blaming the app maker for the low CTR is just bad business… especially when that person can see a higher CTR and eCPM with another network. And if they use a mediator… you lose your traffic at the flick of a switch.

wow i haven’t seen Leadbolt presence on the forums for sometime…I am not spreading false rumors, this is just what I was told when i went to a developer meetup in LA. I spoke with a few developers and we all exchanged experiences we’ve had with diff ad networks, they said you guys had lost a significant amount of advertisers.

Just curious, how many advertisers would you say you have? Lastly no I’m no longer a developer that uses your SDK. I removed it last year.

I had a nice long (polite) email from my Leadbolt account rep. I edited my reply (above) to clarify it. Then I went to go look at the latest Leadbolt SDK.

ANY company that will build a SDK on the fly for you and use a random package name is doing so because they need to. It is WAY easier to supply X different builds rather than build a system that compiles a binary for each developer and tracks it, etc, etc. This makes me extremely paranoid!

So … WHY THE FSCK did they need to go to that extra cost + effort ??? Anyone know ?

@mind - wow, but i didn’t think of that.

I have noticed another ad network do the same, but I cannot remember the name. It could be airpush…

Fortunately I don’t use the Leadbolt SDK at all - since I am using the Leadbolt HTML AppWall.

Their revenue has gone down - as was discussed here 1-2 months ago - however I have seen it stabilize now and is much more stable. Earlier it went down so far as to be below the Admob banner ad revenue.

I have ability now to switch between different ad networks on-the-fly (well not immediately but using AppBrain Remote Settings so next time or new users who log in will use the new settings) - this allows me to switch all new users from one interstitial ad network to another (same thing could probably be done with admob mediation for interstitials I guess).

I replaced all my Leadbolt HTML AppWall with Admob Interstitials for 2-3 days - results were comparable. I say 2-3 days because of the way AppBrain Remote Settings updated for users - only after about 24 hours can you be sure that returning users are all getting the new ads. Compliance to this was evidenced by traffic going down to near zero from Leadbolt Developer Console (as one would expect i.e. all or nearly all traffic been switched).

Then tried AppFlood for 2-3 days - results were 1/5 of Leadbolts - which means I am not going to be using AppFlood until they improve ad inventory etc.

EDIT: the random .jar name is done by Airpush and I think Leadbolt maybe doing it (as I said I am unaffected because I don’t use/don’t need to use their SDK for just the AppWall). But this random .jar file thing is HIGHLY SUSPECT - not necessarily because Leadbolt is doing anything wrong, but it makes it harder for antivirus to track which means they may become more aggressive in targeting (as is happening with Airpush and AVG Antivirus - probably AVG looks and finds SOME signature which is indicative of Airpush - but then it is unable to distinguish between the “in-app SDK” and the “bad” push SDK). I think if Leadbolt is doing this it maybe a legacy of “let’s follow Airpush” and their push for Icon Ads etc. - I suspect with new Google Content Policy, we may see both Airpush and Leadbolt come back to normal SDK .jar file names. As there will be no need to obfuscate. Also it helps having a stable name - so that AppBrain etc. can give better stats of which apps are using Leadbolt (on AppBrain’s library list webpage).

Has anyone tried the new SDK? Any feedback?

I have tried the ad network in test mode. Relatively easy to integrate. However, strangely the ads do not show in an emulator. The ads do show on a mobile/tablet device.
I will go into production within a week or two, so will let you know more.

This random package name is really piss me off. Underscores package is only supported by source level 1.7(Jre 1.7), while my other application still need 1.6. I’m not gonna update the whole apps just for this. For the first impression, it took me a while to implement this leadbolt sdk than the other ads network. Done.

Come on guys. Random package name is to forbid virus detection by some paranoid anti-virus programs. It also makes impossible for Google to track multiple accounts of the same user, when lib package names differ.
That’s the opposite what AirPush did. With AirPush package name equals single user. Easy to track spammy users :wink: