New Google compliant ad units from TapContext and beta test - what do you think?

Hey guys, I just received that mail from TapContext:

We are excited to announce the release of SDK 3.0, which now includes IN-APP BANNER ADS, IN-APP EXIT ADS, IN-APP SPLASH ADS, IN-APP LITE INTERSTITIALS, and an APP REMINDER NOTIFICATION SERVICE!

The SDK is now available in your dashboard! SDK 2.1 will also remain available under the Files tab of the ‘Setup the SDK’ tab of your dashboard.

Apps that have some users on 2.1 and some users on 3.0 will see entries for both in Ad Control with the ability to control notifications separately for each.

APP REMINDER NOTIFICATION SERVICE

This is an exciting new feature that allows developers to have TapContext automatically send daily (you choose the frequency) notifications to your users reminding them to open your app and see what’s new. These notifications are fully Google policy compliant and come fully configured in your dashboard, all you need to do is turn them on. They can help drive user engagement for apps that typically have low engagement, like wallpapers for example.

BANNERS

TapContext now has standard banner ads, and at a high CPM!

LITE INTERSTITIALS

Lite interstitials are a non-contextual version (and therefore lower paying) of our interstitial ads that will work with some ad mediation services that our contextual interstitials do not. (NOTE that our contextual interstitial ads DO work with many mediation services)

IN-APP EXIT ADS, IN-APP SPLASH ADS

We provide code in SDK 3.0 to make it EASY for you to display our contextual interstitial ads on application exit, application open, or both, all in a manner compliant with Google Policy.

Displaying an interstitial on open of your app in conjunction with using our app reminder notification service is a great way to drive user engagement with your app and correspondingly interstitial views and revenue.<

NEW BETA AD UNIT

We have a high CPM beta ad unit in testing, contact your account manager or support if you would like to be included in the beta!

Thank you!

TapContext Development Team

If you did not sign up with TapContext yet, you can sign up HERE (referral link)!

What are your experiences with TapContext? Any good/outstnading ECPMs so far, compared to other ad networks?

Wow ! That APP REMINDER service might be a good sell for the rest of their package. For those developers looking to add some type of reminder to user to come back to app (using it not excessively - or perhaps if are giving them an award - or maybe realistically only do it once or twice at steadily longer intervals - though this may increase uninstall rate also as users “remember” they have your app installed and should have cleaned it out a long time ago).

If their SDK provides ADDED FUNCTIONALITY - like AppBrain i.e. they provide tools that are generally useful for the developer - then that moves folks to use that SDK even if they aren’t using the ads ( a percentage will).

Question is if their SDK is easy to implement etc.

I have a question on the “ad on open of your app” - how do the ad networks deliver an ad in a snap at the very beginning ? Or do they take some time to load (i.e. hourglass appearing) ?

im using TapContxct for a month now. from my experience their ads are quite aggressive. unlike number of pushes per day, TC show push ads when user opens an app(ask them to scan virus etc.). i really like this notification feature but the thing is it might be quite misleading in some apps. for example if this is used in a wallpaper app, “what’s new in wallpaper app” doesn’t make any sense because their is nothing new. im not sure whether this is 100% comply with google TOS

There’s nothing in the new policy that prohibits it as long as the content of the notification is not advertisement-related. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if an addendum is added to the policy if this starts getting abused.

In any case, Google has already addressed this preemptively with the newer APIs, as users are now able to disable notifications on a per-app basis, in settings.