Ad networks and ranking in Play Store

Is there a ranking penalty for using Facebook Audience Network in apps?

Are there any ad networks that can get your app suspended / banned from the Play Store?

I am using FAN, not meet the issue you said.

Please, What’s their CPM for banners and interstitials?

I noticed the FAN website has lots of bugs. Are there many bugs and crashes in the SDK?

cpm is ok, but fill rate is not so good. There’s no obvious bug in sdk. Overall, FAN is a not bad ad networks.

Hi Brian,

While I cannot confirm whether Google “secretly” penalizes for using FAN or not (Google and Facebook are notorious rivals ;)), the Play Store guidelines don’t forbid any specific ad networks. If your app is suspended after integrating ads, you might want to check if:

1. The ads are displayed within the UI
  2. The maturity level of the ads matches the maturity level of your apps
  3. The user is not forced to interact with the ad (give personal information, etc.) in order to access or get back to the app

AdBuddiz is 100% Google compliant. We have over 15 000 publishers with apps in the Play Store, and none have had problems with Google due to our ads. We have an Ad Content Rating filter, with options matching Google’s app maturity ratings.

You can read more about the Play Store’s guidelines in the Developer Console: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/2986118?hl=en&ref_topic=2985714

If you want more information, feel free to PM me or send me an email: [email protected] :slight_smile:

The nice thing about AdBuddiz is that you can trust their dashboard statistics.
But their ecpm is just $0.40 - $0.90, so I would only use them as backfill.

I don’t know about a penalty of using FAN but it looks like if you have IAP or Admob you rank higher :slight_smile: Anybody else agree?

I can’t agree. But I can say that if ad network needs a lot of additional permission and SDK weight is high - it can make your app lower in rankings.

Yes, mostly Location Permission, you have to change age of your users. It cannot be for everyone. More permissions, sometimes lower rankings.

We never manipulate rankings to put our partners higher in our search results and no one can buy better PageRank.
Our users trust our objectivity and no short-term gain could ever justify breaching that trust.

IAP apps rank higher because the publishers can afford app promotion.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear you’re not happy with your eCPM with us. The problem might just be that you’re using us as a backfill :wink: The more impressions you send us, the better our algorithms work and the better the eCPM.

Our publishers’ average eCPM is closer to $3-$4. The numbers of course depend on the traffic of your app and the country of your users. If you PM or email me your account details I can take a look - perhaps there is something we can do to improve your figures :slight_smile:

Clara