Can Fiksu and Tapjoy get your App Banned?

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am planning to use Fiksu and Tapjoy for android and iOS app advertising.

I heard using these advertising platforms can get the app banned, is this true? Second question, is it possible to use other advertising networks alongside Tapjoy and Fiksu?

Thanks a lot!

Not sure about the two, but any ad network can potentially get an app banned due to:

1. Incorrect integration like showing ads at the exit outside of the app.

2. Maleficent advertising with the approval or under the nose of the ad network. For example, pr0n ads, ads without a close button anywhere, banners that sneakily load a full page ad instead etc. Yes, yes, the last one has happened; I read it on this forum somewhere.

Thanks for response!

I don’t intend to do Maleficent advertising or incorrect advertising. However, I heard that Fiksu and Tapjoy are incentivised installs and our app can get banned by the app stores/play store, is this correct?

Also, what are the chances of app getting banned for fake/bot app donwloads, reviews, ratings…?

Please throw some light…

Crayon, we have an offer wall so I can shed some light here. Apple App Store does not like incentivized installs, so we block all iOS incentivized installs for developers using our iOS SDK automatically. For Google, they do not ban incentivized app installs and we have plenty of high profile integrations, none have had any issues whatsoever yet.

To answer your second question (I’m assuming this is off topic from offer walls)… if you are driving fake/bot downloads/reviews/ratings, your app may be removed. We had an advertiser who was supplementing their reviews with fake reviews against our advice and their app was removed from the Play Store fairly quickly.