Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jameltheone View Post
    Just get an answer from my account manager at Admob replying that it's not for Admob and apps (only for anything related to web products).
    We can close the topic now I think. That cookie law was for web browsers specifically not apps.

2. Likes tacchan23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I was away on a vacation, so sorry for a late reply.
    @dav800: Yes, the User Consent has to be shown to apps, which are available in EU countries and use AdMob / Analytics / similar services.
    @bestgamesstudios: You get one once your apps start getting some success (AdMob only!). No specific info about how to show the message tho, everything is very vague.
    @Magnesus: Sorry, but it's true. No one likes it, except the stupid politicians, who probably got a raise for this ingenious idea.
    @tacchan23: Yes, only AdMob users got it, but sooner or later every ad network will have to comply, weather their company is based in EU or not. It's EU territory and EU laws. If you want your apps on those markets, you need to obey the laws.
    @jameltheone: Heh, their experience comes in various degrees as well. But it's for apps as well, absolutely no doubt about that.
    @ernestofndz: Exactly!!!

4. Dislikes tacchan23, Magnesus disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    @bluedot do you have any source for that bullshit you are spreading?

6. Dislikes bluedot disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @Magnesus: Why the rudeness? No matter how much you want this not to be true, and convince yourself that it's not true, well, it's a reality you can't hide from. If you comply or not, it's not my business (if you're in this for fun or hobby only), but every serious app publisher should now think really hard how to implement User Consent message and how to show it to EU users only. If we show this message to the whole World, our DL rates and earnings will plummet seriously, no doubt about that.

Oh, about the source - I have a senior account manager over at Google and a phone number I can call any time.
    Last edited by bluedot; 2015-08-07 at 07:28 PM.

8. Dislikes tacchan23 disliked this post
    Thanks Magnesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Personally I'm using Appodeal which already requires the location permission, so I'm gonna get the country code of the user, compare it to EU countries. If it matches, I think a little banner on top of the screen saying something like "We're using your datas blablabla..." with a "know more" link to my app policy (which seems to become mandatory too) and a close button will be enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here's how to implement it

Here's a guide on how to implement it for Android and iOS without adding additional permissions

Android - EU Cookie Law - Stack Overflow

11. Likes A1ka1inE, BeFruit liked this post
    Thanks herpderp, A1ka1inE, bluedot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacchan23 View Post
    Why people are so ready to believe any "confirmation" message posted here? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait and actually see the new rules in Admob or Google Play policies?
    Well I am a long standing member here who a lot of others trust, since I've added a lot to this community. I also won't gain anything from lying will I?

By all means wait until you hear more, but this is Google we're talking about. That e-mail is most likely the only official heads up we're gonna get.

On a separate note, other than individual testing, I wonder how Google will police this policy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
    We can close the topic now I think. That cookie law was for web browsers specifically not apps.
    Well as I posted already since the message you quoted, I've heard it directly from Admob that it applies to apps and also Admob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Sorry for earlier, I was pissed. You might be right and Google is as insane as always with new policies.
    Last edited by Magnesus; 2015-08-08 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ka1inE View Post
    Well I am a long standing member here who a lot of others trust, since I've added a lot to this community. I also won't gain anything from lying will I?

By all means wait until you hear more, but this is Google we're talking about. That e-mail is most likely the only official heads up we're gonna get.

On a separate note, other than individual testing, I wonder how Google will police this policy?
    I didn't want to imply that anyone posted some wrong info on purpose.
    But a lot of the people working at Google/Admob/etc are often clueless themselves on such things. So for my part I will not believe anything (one way or the other) until I see it written in Admob and/or Google Play policies.
    Honestly I also don't understand why you think this is most likely the only official head up we are going to get. As much as Google is BAD, they have all their stupid/strange/crazy rules written down. Why this one should be any different?

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast