How can monetize running apps

Hello Everybody,

We lunch new running apps on Ios and Android for begining for French market . We will have at begining 20k daily user .

We want to install ads when the user run.
We think that 15 secondes videos ads for each 150 meter and 1 at beging and 1 at the end of the sport.
What u propose to make the more money?

Excuse my english not the better I am French :wink:

Thanks

Hi Android4France,

I would like to suggest trying out the Airpush smart wall ad unit. It includes videos, full screen interstitials, dialog ads and more. You can either call specific ad types, or you can let our algorithm pick the best ad to show to the user depending on device, internet connection and country. Users will get bored seeing the same ad type over and over again.

Check out our interactive demo site at Airpush Publisher Demo.

Shoot me a PM to chat further.
Cheers,
Nick

Waiting few seconds for a video will surely annoy users and you will get bad ratings in return…

I suggest you to use interstitial from MobileCoreor Appodeal… They are one of the high paying ad networks out there.

Depending on the type of integration, yes, waiting sucks. But, most video ad network SDKs will offer pre-caching to eliminate the latency. Mobile video typically has the highest CPMs.

AFAIK don’t use videos or full screen at time interval …they get negative ratings to you app hence low active users…use interstitials at end of a task or in between levels…most importantly don’t always show ad at a particular place because user knows that ad will show if he do that task so surprise the user with ad at unknown place …Doing this you will get high click rate and high revenue…

I agree. Video ads are annoying.

Hi Android4France,

I agree with NokiaDev that the ads are more likely to be efficient if you display them at the end of a task or in between levels. Showing an ad at the launch of the app might in this case annoy the users, since I imagine they will be pumped up for running :slight_smile:

Your users will be a specific demographic so it is important that the ads are targeted well. At AdBuddiz, we use machine learning algorithms to display the best converting ads first, meaning that our system will calculate (based on data previously collected) the ads that are most likely to interest your users. You don’t have to worry about optimizing the ad flow yourself, all you need to do is integrate our lightweight SDK (the integration is only 2 lines of code to paste).

If you are interested, feel free to visit our website or send me an email: [email protected]

D’ailleurs, nous sommes français :wink:

Je suis désolé mais… this made me laugh a bit. Nobody will use your app if you’ll display ads when running because they’ll be trying to listen to a pumping soundtrack on their phones during the run and the ads will interrupt and annoy them. Not to mention the app is also supposed to provide feedback about distance covered, current pace, total time etc. every five mins or so and that’s exactly the time your users will take to cover ~150m on an average.

Coming from a happy and regular RunKeeper user, I hope you do consider my feedback or else don’t be surprised when you get all the bad ratings. All the best!

Interstitial on app launch could be an option.

I also want to add video ad to my app. Seems it will drive more revenue.
Is there a way to use both video and interstitial ? like if the users play for long time, then show a video occasionally?

@Android4France Ne t’en fais pas pour ton anglais, y a beaucoup de français ici!

If you’re definitely going to go with video ads, you should try out [b]Supersonic[/b]. Our buffer-free, instant play HD mobile video will also reward your users with virtual content. Personally, I also use a running app and I prefer to opt-in to ads for upgrades. Maybe offer upgrades or discounts on work out gear in exchange for watching the video.

Hi Coconut_Blade,

With [b]Supersonic[/b]'s lightweight SDK, you receive 4 monetization products in one go: interstitials, offerwall, mobile video and free video ad mediation! Plus, we recently launched an amazing new feature, Ad Placements, which always you to fully control when and how you serve mobile videos in your app. Plus you’ll enjoy industry leading eCPMs!

Both of you are more then welcome to contact me to receive 50$ to try out Supersonic’s platform!