What do you look for in an ad network?

When you guys are evaluating an ad network what key aspects are the most important for you and where do most seem to fail etc? Curious as to what you guys think. Thanks.

Coming from someone who’s been an app developer and now my own ad network, to be honest I think networks fail because they over-spend/over-reach, they get investors to fast, try and hire 50+ people and it doesn’t work. It’s my personal opinion that every company in any industry should run lean because then you won’t have a bunch of fat to trim. If you run lean you are closer to profit…instead of oweing investors millions, yeah the company might grow quicker, but a star that shines twice as bright dies out twice as fast.

Hey, I went to check out Fingertise ad network and the Register me page is blank and a bunch of the links at the bottom dont work. Whats up?

we’re updating the dashboard, will be back up sometime tonight/early morning.

Thanks for the response AppsLabMarket. I couldn’t agree with you more. What kind of infrastructure are you using to handle the load of an ad network?

You can see our builtwith fingertise.com Technology Profile …part of updating our dashboard is re-structuring the core and server to handle more load with faster response times. My theory is, if an ad is taking 2 seconds to load for someone in north america then it’s taking 3+ for someone in a part of the world with not very good internet speeds which we know isn’t ideal.

Got it. You guys integrated with any other networks or exchanges or simply running your own setup? How many requests are you handling on a daily/monthly basis? Sorry for so many questions, these things interest me :slight_smile:

Of course, we’re connected to a few DSP’s and exchanges and we run in-house campaigns also, we serve the developer the best campaign possible thats in the inventory, Obviously our goal is to gain more direct advertisers but that comes in time, we are also releasing self promoting for developers who want to push their apps and get new users.

Right now around 30M impr a month, I haven’t been actively seeking developers just working with a few I’ve met over the years to hash things out, I don’t want to be promoting a platform that isn’t completely upto my standards, which is why I consider it kind of “private” right now.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks for the response AppsLabMarket. Good luck with your ventures, I find these things very intriguing. :slight_smile:

Responsiveness from Account Manager, Dashboard, eCPM & fill rate depending on geo/app genre