mobiMicro - the new "Product" network

You’ve made a great app and have a large number of downloads but the revenue isn’t what you expected. You work with ad networks thinking you can make enough money to support yourself but it only drives bad user experience and it really isn’t making the money you thought it would. I understand your frustration because I’ve been there myself.

That’s why I created the new “product” network. Our technology allows you to sell products that your fans would actually buy, inside your apps. Anytime a purchase is made - you can earn up to 10.5% in commission. Here are some few points:
[ol]
[li]Our SDK only takes a few minutes to implement and we take it from there
[/li][li]No need to change products in or out, worry about logistics, or trying to optimize your profits
[/li][li]My team has combined over 30 years of experience selling products online and through mobile, selling over $50 million worth
[/li][li]We want you need to stay focused on building the best app possible not being a monetization manager
[/li][li]It’s completely free
[/li][/ol]

We’re a start up so we understand that early adopters should be rewarded. That’s why we’re guaranteeing $250 USD for our first 10 partners plus all the revenue you make from our platform.

Do you want an estimate on how much revenue we believe your app will generate?
Reach out!

Email us at [email protected]

Best,
Wonny
mobiMicro - The New “Product” Network. Sell Actual Products Inside Your Mobile App.

Erm just had a look at the site and your video indicates that it’s a charity donation SDK.
Could you please shed some light on this?

Hey A1ka1nE.

Yes when I first started the company, I was looking to create a platform to raise a lot of money for charity through donations. That’s what you saw in the video. We’ve since evolved the company to fit charity and actual products under the same umbrella because as we were developing the product I realized we had made a very efficient checkout system that doesn’t disrupt a fan’s experience.

The company is still in its infancy but our initial data shows some extremely promising results on mobile conversions. So much in fact, even Amazon has recently adopted our business model.

Wonny

We face tough time selling app related stuff to users, who is going to buy products from our apps. pls. share some developer case studies of possible.

Hey javaexp,

Our patent pending technology uses contextualized products that match your app’s demographic. For instance, a fitness app is going to sell shoes, vitamins, yoga matts, etc. An action game geared towards males 15 - 30 will get marvel licensed phone accessories. Puzzle games with a high number of female users will be served make up and fashion related products.

I’ll leave the developer’s name out, but we’ve been able to average about 0.5% active users (1/200 users) buying a product on our platform with optimizations, that number is expected to rise to 0.75% at an average price point of about $30.00.

We’re creating a monetization strategy in line with your loyal fans - giving more emotional value in their purchase. I’m not saying the platform is perfect but what I have learned in my experience using advertising as a source of revenue - is that it’s extremely volatile. When’s the next big advertiser going to come into play? How much of that billion dollar budget do you expect to take? Let alone, these ads really don’t cater to my interests. We’re trying to create a better experience for your fans and in turn generate additional revenue for you guys.

Wonny

what are the revenue expected per sale from this 10% ?

Your inbox

There’s been a lot of questions on case studies. While there can’t be a consistent standard on how much people are making we’re working hard to make as many optimizations without having our developer partners do the heavy lifting. Again, I’ve been in your position before so I’m trying to make the easiest plug and play SDK for my customers. To reiterate, the $250 is completely guaranteed along with all revenue you generate for yourself.

Here’s some data to share but leaving out the name because we are still in beta. These results are a growing learning process and we’re getting better so take it with a grain of salt:
57,665 daily active users
0.67% conversion rate
$12.00 average price sold
$486.81 day revenue

-WL

Personal App Accomplishments:

• Top 20 Grossing/Top 20 Free (iOS - Oregon Trail: American Settler)
• Top 11 Grossing/Top 15 Free (Google Play - Oregon Trail: Settler)
• Top 70 Grossing/Top 5 Free (iOS - Brothers in Arms 2)
• Top 140 Grossing/Top 40 Free (Google Play - Brothers in Arms 2)

wow these new networks are sprouting up like flowers…good to see some the creative juices flowing and innovative thinking. The new policy change is perfect time for other networks to get in the industry and make a name for themselves…

Although 10% commission, doesn’t seem significant as im expecting a small % of users to actually buy the product we are selling. Doesn’t seem very lucrative IMO… and I don’t want to stack another SDK…

Actually our 10% is way over market value. Since Amazon’s max is set at 6%. Thank you for your comments though - we’re working to make implementation easier. We technically aren’t an advertising network but we’re trying to help pitch it as one because it’s been so familiar to developers for a while. Think of our ads as just a button on your menu that opens into your very own storefront.

conversion rate seems pretty reasonable considering its around 1% for regular e-commerce websites… that $486.81 revenue number, is that to the developer or 10% of 486.81 goes to developer?

No sir. That revenue number is the 10% that goes to the developer.

Thats decent considering 50k DAU can bring about $500 in ad revenue. What about payment options, how do developers get paid and how fast? Also, what about generic apps with all sorts of users?

Again, we’re trying to avoid being another “ad” network - money and revenue flow directly between your fans and you because there’s an actual purchase going on. We’re a lean team of less than 10 people so we are starting payment at net30 right now but plan to change that to the 1st and 15th of each month as soon as we get an accountant on board :slight_smile:

Of course more specific apps will have a greater conversion rate but this product was meant to really cater to everyone. We ask that you have a good idea of your app’s demographic to start the product process. Later versions of our SDK will allow any developer to just put in “keywords” - kind of like Pandora - that will automatically publish relevant products in your apps (i.e: fitness, puzzle game, shooter, travel, music, etc.)

Please feel free to email me for more direct questions: wonny (at) mobimicro.com

Not sure what industry you came from, but remember when you are talking about sales/CPS offers, there is always a trend. Its also very likely that the app example he gave had similar demographics and shopping pattern.

If you have a sports app and you sell sports related goods via mobimicro, it makes sense that you will make some money from it. However, if you have a generic app which has no specific niche, its hard to sell products to consumers.

you always have to find a niche and proper demographics to sell to people, or else it would end up making you nothing.

I agree with that. The 50k DAU number I gave is really hard to achieve on a niche app, therefore even harder to sell goods to.

Definitely true. But you also have to understand that advertising works the exact same way. I was a marketer and ad buyer for many years and there was never a time when I wouldn’t be targeting specific demographics to create better results for my campaigns. Unless you’re a handful of brand marketers who are just looking for shear volume through brand campaigns - most are going to be targeting their ads to fit within a specific niche that will provide a greater return on investment.

Long story short, if I’m Best Buy, I would want to have my ads run only in apps that fit my target demographic (most likely males between 18 - 35). Not generic apps.

Hello, thanks for your effort - more alternatives are better for developers.

What does your network offer vs. using amazon and just stacking on a bunch of products that we choose ourselves from the Amazon store ?

I suspect it is that you are doing some optimization i.e. finding the product to show for each app ? The advantage of that remains to be seen vs. picking your own products.

And perhaps if amazon is harder to use than your SDK.

Your network will charge users direct using credit cards ?

How are developers to trust a new ad network to not be a credit card number collecting scam company ? (legitimate concern)

How will products be chosen for an app ? If it is time-varying then one can understand that only after integrating would one know what products are on offer.

However if it is just a static match - then an app developer should be able to see what types of products you are suggesting be added to an in-app store etc.

BTW, the apps you mention are Oregon Trail etc. by Gameloft - it does not seem like a personal achievement, unless you own the company, or were a programmer on their team/creative team.

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your comments and questions!

To be quite completely transparent, Amazon is a great company with some great developers. I’m not a kind of competitor that will try and convince anyone otherwise. I will however show key differences in our services (that I’ve been able to deduce from their information) and let you guys decide for yourselves.

Amazon gives the developers the ability to choose any product from the catalog to sell to your users. Based on the few integrations I’ve seen and read, implementation took a company about 2-3 days of dev time to get it with probably an additional time to get all the assets (product image, description, etc) of products within the app. They take a static approach.

Our service uses a contextual algorithm which automatically populates products (albeit limited because yeah, we don’t have the supply of products like amazon ‘yet’). Meaning you put in keywords, just like you would when uploading your app to the play store - (fitness, puzzles, etc.) and we provide quality matches to your app automatically. From here, we take an ‘exclusion’ approach where if there’s an item you don’t want being sold, you can omit it from the feed.

How are developers to trust my company? We’re using very well known and secure credit card processing providers to run transactions on the backend. The same providers that are implemented in apps like Hotel Tonight or Uber (braintree + paypal). We in fact, never collect that information - we run the fulfillment of the products. Also, I’m sure no one on my team is looking to go to a federal prison for stealing millions of credit card information. I doubt guys like us will last very long in there. :slight_smile:

As for the apps I mentioned - thanks for the punch in the gut :wink:
I was the lead global monetization manager for Gameloft. Of course, I’m not saying it was a true personal achievement as there were a ton of very talented individuals both technical and creative that were involved in that success. Just to clarify.

Sorry I thought the apps you mentioned maybe another with similar name, which is why my question may have seemed combatitive.

So it is a static approach with Amazon (developer doing the footwork - maybe identifying better matches - but missing others) - while you use a more dynamic approach where your “engine” suggests products to advertise.