Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have their apps rejected by Google per new policy?

I've read a lot of discussion about the new policy, but haven't seen examples of app rejections as promised by the policy. Has anyone had their app rejected since Aug 23? If so, how detailed was the message from Google?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Your post reminded me that Google should create a page dedicated to the apps banned that day or earlier - with archived screenshots.

Perhaps a tutorial page which points to specific apps and why they were banned.

Again this may reveal too much about how Google identifies some things etc. .. so perhaps won't see that ..

3. Likes Magnesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We have got 30 days to change our apps before the new policy comes to work.

Edit: I mean for existing apps ofcourse.
    Last edited by fillevoss; 2013-08-30 at 05:54 PM.
    Hi there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This page does provide some nice examples, though it doesn't specifically call out the offending apps or libraries: Ads | Android Developers

Quote Originally Posted by adforandroidapps View Post
    Your post reminded me that Google should create a page dedicated to the apps banned that day or earlier - with archived screenshots.

Perhaps a tutorial page which points to specific apps and why they were banned.

Again this may reveal too much about how Google identifies some things etc. .. so perhaps won't see that ..

6. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
    Thanks apten thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillevoss View Post
    That is for existing apps, all updates/new apps have to apply to the policy immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillevoss View Post
    Yes and no. Per this paragraph in the developer email:
    Any apps or updates published after this notification are immediately subject to the latest version of the Program Policy. If you find any existing apps in your catalog that don’t comply, we ask you to fix and republish the application within 30 calendar days of receiving this email. After this period, existing applications discovered to be in violation may be subject to warning or removal from Google Play.

Any app published after Aug 23rd is subject to the new policy. I would think that a few people would have pushed a new version with banned ads before they read the new policy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jvaa View Post
    This page does provide some nice examples, though it doesn't specifically call out the offending apps or libraries: Ads | Android Developers
    Thanks for the link provided. I am reading section Disclosure of Ads to Users (Ads | Android Developers) over and over again, and I just can’t believe what I am reading. Is this new…

Guidelines are:
    • Tell users about your ads
    • Make sure users know
    • Ask for consent (opt-in) at launch

My apps have “ads disclosure” in privacy policy, linked from google play app listings. Seems this is not enough any longer.

Is now opt-in for ads like admob banners and similar required, or what?

??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    WTF? They want every free app on the market to display a long EULA at the beginning or what? :| Their lawyers must have overtaken Android department.
    Also: "Ad impersonates app UI" example is trange. It looks like "more apps" buttons pointing to appwalls might also not be allowed...? And the policy is still not clear about exit interstitials.

This is also interesting: http://developer.android.com/distrib...cies/spam.html - "This game is as addictive as Angry Birds, more social than Facebook and Twitter, and has a soundtrack reminiscent of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.". I wonder if it is allowed to list similar apps/games ("This game is inspired/similar to ... and ..."). If not, all my competition will be banned (including me).
    Last edited by Magnesus; 2013-08-30 at 06:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    haha, on that same link I see:

For this reason, all adwalls must give the user the option to cancel or otherwise dismiss the ad without penalty. Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the app they came with. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited.
    Now make appwalls and banners google complaint

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well, they are complaint though. Appwalls have "X" button, and banners are inside app and don't force users to click.
    The only grey area I see here is exit ad - is it inside app or not? I invoke it before exiting so it should be OK. When you hit the home button you see the appwall inside the app on the list of apps, so I assume it is OK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast