mobileCore SDK 0.9 is now live (Google-compliant)

You’re all invited: www.mobilecore.com

If there’s any thing you need (really anything), contact me:

[i]Lior
Developer relations, mobileCore

E: [email protected]
M: +972545580401
F: +972775448273

Have a great weekend :smiley:

1. Did you remove slider? I don’t see it in documentation.
  2. Documentation says:

Show an offer-wall when the user leaves the application using the back key:

Due to the new Google Play Store Developer Policy guidelines of August 2013,
interstitial ads must be shown when the app is running, so you should avoid showing an offerwall
inside the onPause()

One is negation of another.
I know that technically it’s not the same but visual/functional result would be the same so do you have any confirmation that showing interstitial on-exit is allowed? (if app doesn’t clearly states from where add came).

In the onBackPressed() the app is still running so that would mean you’re allowed to show your ad there.
And as far as i can see the slider is still there.

I’m referring to documentation included in new SDK pack that should be the most actual. There, slider is only mentioned but is not described how to show it. On their site in documentation for slider is still available. I just wanted to point out little inconsistency ;p

1. before showing mobile core offerwall, can we show a dialog to user to see if he likes an app from the recommendations going to be shown to him next?
  2. Are earnings from offerwall and slider menu based on number of installs or just vanilla ecpm/ectc?

I have a problem with the slider. Before I updated to the 0.9 SDK there was four apps shown in the slider with icons but now thet dont show up anymore. Also my app icon shown in the slider is very big, it would be good if you resized them to an appropriate size automatically. Just some things that could be improved in later Sdk version, so far I’m very pleased. Im looking forward to see what kind of results I get in a couple of days.

Thanks for that ufuq!

1. You mean something like “would you like to get free apps” ? If you can do it, than it’s fine. you can also design a nice “free apps” button that calls the show.offerwall.
    (hope I got you right)
    2)Haha that’s an interesting term “vanilla ecpm”… Anyway - we pay for every app installed (I refer to our app-offers of course - it’s not PPD).

OK I’ll check that out, thanks.
btw, you know you can edit all slider content right? simply go to “Apps”, choose the relevant app, and go to the “Slider” section.

sliderdash.jpg

Is there a way to preload the ad? It takes a few secs for the ad to appear…

Hi
Can i use mobilecore in unity3d ?

Yes I know that and on the web page it looks exactly like on that picture you attatched but it still doesnt show up in my app. :slight_smile:

We are in fact pre-loading the ads. please send me a link to your app so I can see.
btw, you don’t like the dancing android loading-animation?? :smiley:

Hi,
Sure - In the dashboard under “Resources” section you’ll find the Unity3D plugin and doc’s

Alright then, I’ve passed it to our product manager. thanks

I’m still updating the apps…
If we can get rid of that animation it would be great since we could show the ad right away…

I am integrating with mC right now, and I have a few questions:

1. Preload of ads. I was gonna ask it and saw it was already mentioned, but how does it work? Can I control it? I see that there is a “addOfferWallReadyListener” so I can know when its ready to show, but after I noticed theres not a “onOfferWallNotReady”, so I cant know when it is not ready to show immediately. For example, if I show the OW once, what will be the state after showing the OW? “Not ready” and i have to wait until the onOfferWallReady is called again? Or after you load the ads data you dont need to load it again anymore for the duration of the app? It’s not very clear how this part works, and its critical for a proper implementation (I have my own mediation).

2. I read here on the thread that there issome kind of animation before showing the ad…? I have not tested yet so I haven’t seen it, but if there is any way to not show an animation it would be better, since all I want is to know when the ad is ready to show, then immediately show it only when I am 100% sure there is an ad ready to be shown. No time wasted.

3. On “showOfferWall”, there is the onConfirmation callback. On that callback there are some weird states “AGREEMENT_AGREE”, “AGREEMENT_BACK”, etc… will there be an agreement for my users??? Or are those just deprecated statuses? If they are deprecated, please mark them as deprecated, or replace the Enum altogether to a new Enum that doesnt have those types.

4. Why is there an option for a Toast notification when the ad fails to display?? Make it either a synchronous return code for the showOfferWall method, or a callback, and the developer chooses what to do (be it a Toast, or more likely show an Interstitial from another company).

Thanks. I will start testing now, so I might have other questions.

Follow-up:

I didnt have major issues testing, seem to have worked pretty well. The only major problem continues to be the (lack of) control of the load/ready status of the ads.

Updating the questions:

1. It seems that its “onOfferWallReady” is only called once for the app lifetime, but I cant say that for sure (no info on the docs on how this part works), so Im forcing myself to give a big delay between mC interstitials to have a lesser chance of trying to show an ad that was not ready yet.

2. The animation is fine to me. Pretty fast (about 300-400ms), and not annoying.

3. No agreements were shown to me during the test, but still this concerns me.

4. Having control whether the ad was displayed successfully or not is very important.

5. (NEW QUESTION) Isn’t it possible to set the demographics of my app? I couldnt find where to set age, sex, themes/interests, etc. This improves the CTR a lot.

I’ve just had an issue when testing. I had forgotten to actually click the OW to see/test what happens. I clicked now, and it froze with the Android animated icon there (Im waiting for over 10 minutes and its still there). Cant do anything.

Explanation of what happened:

I clicked on the GI JOE (was the 1st of 3 “free apps”) on the first screen of the OW, and it switched to the screen shown on the screenshot saying on top “Sorry, this app isnt currently available” (as seen on the screenshot also) and on the list, the first item is again the GI JOE, so it should be available. Anyhow, the Android icon was animating while all the offers were loading, but it stopped appearing more offers after showing the 10 visible offers (not sure if it goes all the way to 12 to fill the screen or stops at 10), and the Android animated icon is still there. Cant click on any offer, nothing happens (no “X” to click, nothing happens clicking on the offers or on More Apps or Top).

I’ve searched the logs a lot and didnt find anything relevant, only some “Skipping unknown process pid xxxx” which isnt common and happened about the same time the OW appeared.

I will try again and report here.

UPDATE:
I’ve tried again about 5 times, but every time it will work now. I mean, when I click on the 1st screen it will go directly to the app. I haven’t been able to reproduce the 2nd screen, so I believe it might be bugged there, but its just rare to happen to go to that 2nd screen.

Another issue:

On this run I’ve made now onOfferWallReady never got called (so the OW will never be shown until I restart the app). This is tied to the #1 problem I mentioned above of not having a way to control of the ad loading process. If it was on my control I would ask for the OW to preload, then if after a timeout it wasnt loaded I would just cancel and request it to load again.