Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $ per DAU

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

$ per DAU

Lets face it, revenue per thousand impressions is a number that could swing up and down depending on lots of factors. But I think a lot of us would agree that revenue per Daily Active User (DAU) would be a better indicator.

I have an app that logs 500 DAU, it has no ads yet. I want to see if its worth my time adding ads into it.....
    What would you estimate I receive from interstitals and 320x50 banners per 100 DAU?

From what i've read, perhaps about $1 per 100 DAU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    46 Cents in Revenue Per Daily Active User? Vancouver's A Thinking Ape Has Seen It Before - Inside Mobile Apps

ofcourse, engaging games with monster IAP models might have 46 cents per DAU which is about $46 per 100 DAU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    found another interesting read

ARPDAU - Games Brief

Still, dont know how android non-games would perform.... any suggestions or estimates?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    depends of many parameters of course but the formula is

DAU * avg imps of a user * ecpm = Revenue

i.e.:
    500 DAU * 5 imps * $2 = $5 revenue = $1 per 100

Reaching this num ($0.01 per DAU) is great and with the right user engagement, you can build a significant revenue model out of the apps.
    Obviously it won't be interesting if your DAU is low.. make sure to build up the UX so the user will want to come back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i dont have google analytic or something like that in my app to know how many active daily users i get (if that what you mean by dau)
    my app have:
    10256 total users
    4177 active users
    average of 300 new daily active users
    app old: 3 weeks
    revenue each day is about 60$

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have an app with over 6k DAU and it makes below $0,002 per DAU with banners and interstitials. Since it uses icon ads and most users accept them (arround 85%), it compensates for the low $ per DAU.

Of course icons will go away soon and I'm trying to improve it. One of the reasons is the 0,4% Admob CTR yielding a very low CPM. Other problem are the interstitials and app-walls mostly advertising games, in a non-game app.

Any tips to improve this low value?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eyadse93 View Post
    i dont have google analytic or something like that in my app to know how many active daily users i get (if that what you mean by dau)
    my app have:
    10256 total users
    4177 active users
    average of 300 new daily active users
    app old: 3 weeks
    revenue each day is about 60$
    Yes that is what I mean. I use Flurry to track app usage, its real easy to integrate.

I think $60/day is great for the amount of installs you have. I wish we could really pinpoint how many DAU you have.... Which network are you using and is this with icon/push ads or intersitital/banners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BmlProds View Post
    I have an app with over 6k DAU and it makes below $0,002 per DAU with banners and interstitials. Since it uses icon ads and most users accept them (arround 85%), it compensates for the low $ per DAU.

Of course icons will go away soon and I'm trying to improve it. One of the reasons is the 0,4% Admob CTR yielding a very low CPM. Other problem are the interstitials and app-walls mostly advertising games, in a non-game app.

Any tips to improve this low value?
    sounds like a bad situation going on there. $0.002 ARPDAU is super low, what category is your app in? have you tried maybe setting some sort of keywords or filters (depending on the ad network of course)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ka1inE View Post
    Candy Crush's DAU are worth $2.84. Obviously they are the all time record holders, but still, it's possible to achieve.
    thats a crazy number. what about your numbers? whats your ARPDAU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    thats a crazy number. what about your numbers? whats your ARPDAU?
    I don't do DAU analytics so I can't really tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast