Video ad networks getting any better ?

I am aware of these mainstream ad networks offering video ads:

• Tapjoy (as part of the offerwall when such ads are available - and as a separate “Watch a Video” option - though then have to use “unmanaged currency”)
  • mmedia.com (it suggests video ads are shown as part of the interstitial ads etc.)
  • Adcolony (they have an version 2.0 upcoming for android)
  • Flurry (also say they have video ads)

However most ad networks have video ad inventory issues - perhaps because it is still in it’s infancy.

For example in my location I cannot see any video ads - and Adcolony reports no ads available (when I test in apps which include Adcolony).

The situation it seems is MUCH MUCH better on iOS - the SAME ad networks seem to operate in a completely new world when doing iOS. For example Adcolony is able to show video ad after video ad when running the “Despicable Me: Minion Rush” app when run on iOS (from my location) - however the same app using Adcolony has NO ADS to show when run on Android.

One reason for this discrepancy is perhaps that the iOS demographic of users are seen as much more lucrative (although the ads I saw were for iOS games only - and not motor car ads etc.). But iOS generally has the advantage that advertisers selling high-priced real good CAN envision a typical iOS user as a customer - while the typical Android user is seen as having no money or something like that.

Another reason maybe that iOS is better represented in the U.S. market (which most advertisers in a newer video ad medium would work in) - while Android rules the roost in other areas (for example Korea with Samsung). In the long run Android will be the dominant OS internationally - so the issue is one of CREATING an ad market where none existed before (advertisers need to get comfortable - or perhaps see the profits from advertising this way).

Anyway, coming to the main reason for this post - what is the users’ experience here regarding appearance of video ads on android ?

For users in the U.S. for instance - are they able to see video ads in the Tapjoy offerwall ? Do they appear one after another - as you consume them - or is there a shortage of ads even in those markets ?

How is Adcolony video ads for android (a recent app incorporating Adcolony video ads is Despicable Me: Minion Rush - on both iOS and Android).

And some folks here maybe familiar - how much do video ads figure in the advertising delivered by mmedia.com (Millennial Media) ? Is is a fair share of the ads ?

Thanks.

I never integrated video ads but… When u do simple analyze of the app, say in appbrain and if the app is larger then 10mb! it will suggest you to reduce the size of the app. Mine is 7mb, and it still suggests to reduce the size. What it would mean? Users dont like apps which use a lot of traffic and by downloading and playing video ads, it also affects the battery. Better go with push-ads. I dont think video ads are on demand now.
That’s my opinion though. However, would be interesting to hear someone who already uses video ads.