Airpush 0 CPM

For quite a while i have apps with impressions but with zero CPM. I must state that my apps to have location permissions and do push notifications to ares like Japan or France. So is there anyone else with the same problem?

Second of all, i am interested in the possibility of requesting an audit for Airpush. This is something that Opera store for example is offering to their developers and i think that Airpush should do it to. So is there someone else interested in auditing Airpush?

Thanks

Same here, apps with less impressions have bigger CPM than apps with more impressions which have very low CPM or even 0. I think they lower the CPM as the impressions grow up for an app. For June and July my income was less than 50% of the income for April-May for example. I think an audit would shut down their business.

I’m a newbie myself in the space and it will be a shock to me if Airpush is switching eCPM numbers. Has any network done this before? Please enlighten us. I’m learning something new every day.

Completely agree with you.

I can say that i see the same thing on my account. when i upload an app i have a higher cpm but when i start to reach 500-1000 impressions daily, my cpm is lowering to 0.3 - 05. This is something that all of my apps have gone through. I had a ticket on this issue but got a standard response that i should enable location permission in my apps(i do have it enabled) and that CPM is affected by the geographyc area that the user resides in(i have apps with many user from Japan or Western Europe and they all follow the same pattern).

The audit seems to be a very good idea. how can we do that? does anybody has an idea? we can raise money and pay someone to audit their figures.

Well I have a couple of apps and the situation is like this for me:

• I have apps with non-zero impressions, zero cpm and zero earnings - what is going on? is airpush doing charity for advertisers?
  • I have apps with non-zero impressions, non-zero cpm and zero earnings - again, what is going on? is airpush doing charity for advertisers?
  • I can see an indirect correlation between impressions and cpm - when an app has a lot of impressions it also has a low cpm and when an app has few impressions then the cpm is most of the times higher.

You don’t have to take my word for it - if you have more than one app you could make a report for the last month and sort that report by impressions.
You will probably see the same pattern: the first rows(with low impressions) will have higher cpm and the last rows(with more impressions) will have a lower cpm.

So for me the overall CPM is lower than $1 in the last month. I think this is the number airpush should advertise on their site at this moment.

My application are not limited to a small number of countries/regions, but this behavior affects all of them.
So clearly it has nothing to do with lower paid campaigns in some regions.

I enabled/disabled optional permissions - it doesn’t matter - the behavior is the same.

I lowered/increased the number of pushes - it doesn’t matter - the behavior is the same.
Also it seems that it doesn’t matter if you set a lower count - a lot of times more pushes are triggered by airpush.
On this topic of pushes - why does airpush choose to allow ads with virus warnings or other questionable ads? (and I’m not talking about dating ads which - in theory - we can disable)
Is this because the advertisers pay more for this type of ads? Wouldn’t be better for developers to have the option to disable this kind of ads? - because this has a (great) negative impact in reviews.
At least airpush should pay more to the developers when they serve this kind of ads…

So I think the financial audit is a great idea. There are ads networks that allow this - the developers should know the exact percent of the money payed by advertisers they are getting and
that PERCENT should be the SAME every MONTH.

What type of ads are those? Can you share a screenshot with us? I personally haven’t seen any ads with virus warnings but thats not good if these ads are being let on their network.

Has someone else seen airpush smartwall ads with Virus Warnings and Dating Offers appear, although he had marked that kind of offers as unwanted?

airpush smartwall is not for quality and will result in bad reviews. I have already faced it. It simply takes the user directly to Play store without their consent. Instead admob interstitial requires user to tap on the interstitial.

@Rocco

Try disabling dating campaigns in your dashboard?

For all my apps dating campaigns are disabled

your push notification(1).jpg
SMS dating on low maturity app.jpg
SMS dating campaigns , but they keep appearing although our applications are on the low maturity level on Google Play

yes I also had same problem. Disabling dating campaigns doesn’t stop malware ads which take the user to play store without they even clicking the smartwall.

Apart from 0 cpm problem, the impressions reported are aweful. Within 1 day, I have admob reporting 2K impressions and airpush reporting 286 for whole day. This is despite the fact that not all of the active users would have upgraded the app. What’s happening airpush?

At least report the correct ad requests. Don’t hide the fact that the fill rate is less.

yup, ive got hundreds of ad requests and impressions from new apps that should not be requesting and push ads (only type of airpush ads integrated) for atleast the first 7 days because of my ad settings. and yet all thoes impressions are generating 0 income, not even a single penny. so its a reporting problem, i have already opened up a ticket with them 2 days ago.

i don’t think you will have great results. Please keep us informed with any news.

does anybody disabled push notifications from web console but still receives pushes from their apps?