Is someone stealing your app? Search it in Aptoide

There’s this android store called Aptoide (Home | Aptoide - Android Apps Store) that basically is like a black market for apps.

The site was black-listed by Google because of copyright-infrigments, because everyone with an apk can upload an app like they own them. Even paid apps, that’s why the site is so popular. Paid apps are free in Aptoide. (see this user with 22k apps: Htcsense Android Store | Aptoide - Android Apps Store)

I’ve searched for my apps, and there’s even more than 1 version of my apps… they don’t even have a spam-filter. Two users uploaded all my apps, and my apps are free in Google Play.

I’ve already reported this to Google, but if we all do it, maybe the site gets black-listed again.

Mine is also there. But mine is free and i still flagged it. May be they are doing some reverse engineering to integrate their own ads or spoiling our reputation. I hate these guys :frowning:

My apps seem to be uploaded by some kind of bot… because the username is random in both users that uploaded my apps.

This is weird, but I actually think the owners of the site created bots to populate the site, with apps from google play. And now they brag that the site has 300k apps.

aptoide is no diferent from 1mobile, appbrain, etc, they use bots to import apps from google which is good because we get more downloads from more sources. I can assure you the apks have not been tampered with and if you download your app it will contain your sAME ads. Ban on google means apps still get downloads elsewhere. I have suspended app from 2012 but thanks to it being popular on mobogenie from them importing my app it still makes 15 dollars a day with leadbolt from old notification ads.

Well I doubt they offer the same security for the apk files as Google Play does.
If I wanted my apk files in other sites I would upload them myself.
With reverse engineering they can easily get to the code.

you can do that already with google play apps, once you download the app it is on your phone and you can extract apk using file explorer or connecting phone to your computer. you can also send app to your email using any file explorer or titanian backup, etc And code will still be garbage when extracted, however you can easily change package names of apps using 3rd party package name changer software, then inject your own ads into it by injecting code into manifest and main activity java file. No such thing as protected apps no matter where the are.

Look, let’s just say I don’t like anyone else publishing my own apps.
And btw, they CAN alter the admob/advertise network code.

If you can’t understand that, great, don’t bother arguing back.

Well even if there was only one source ,let’s say google play,i could still do that with your apk.

Publish other’s apk’s so your site can grow? - or publish others apk’s with your admob code.

Minecraft and others apps that are paid in Google Play are free there… which is really nice for users and bad for developers.

The main problem I see with Aptoide, is they publish paid apps for free without the developers permission. They published some of my paid apps on there for free.

I sent them an email asking to remove my apps and they sent me a 50 line text saying how great Aptoide is and how much they’ve grown, and my apps are still there.

Yes, I had the same trouble trying to get mine removed. I ended up having to send in a report on their website, then confirm it with my Google Play Developer support email address. I think it’s like people are saying. It’s Aptoide who is stealing the apps and adding them to their site, themselves, not some random piraters.

Aptoide is a criminal enterprise. Their criminal strategy seems to be to steal apps, sell them and then make it so time consuming to report it that no one has the time for it. How come they can get away with this without ending up in jail?

My app list here. It is just NOT the original apk from play store, they resign it with difference key store and rename package.
They also replace my admob. How to remove my app from their store?