Most profitable models for beggining apps (CPI X CPM/CPC)

Hello everybody.

I want to ask about ad networks models (CPM, CPI, CPC, etc).
What is the best for a small app? I’m thinking in use Mobilecore and Appnext, but this networks pays only for instalations, right? If so, they will pay me about 2~3 USD only if the user install the app i’m showing in my intestitial? This way, I think CPM or CPC models are “easiest” for begginer apps making money, or am I wrong? Because it’s easy for a little base of users just see or click in the interstitials. Installing the apps is a bit more difficult.

Another question:
For example: admob eCPM is 2 USD now. And Mobilecore is the same value.
admob is a cpm and cpc network, while mobilecore is CPI. So, I will get paid 2 dolars for 1000 impressions in admob and will get paid 2 dolars for 1000 instalations with mobilecore? If so, for me it seems more advantage to go with CPM networks at this moment.

Please, let me know what you think about this and if I’m right thinking this way. Thank you.

Hi HighwayMobile,

For CPI campaigns the earnings you receive from those networks for an install will depend on the country of the user, and the campaign that they install. With these networks, you do earn a higher amount on the install, but do not happen as often. With admob, you get assigned the $2 CPM from the user activity from clicks and engagement on the ads. Not sure if Appnext and Mobilecore are CPI.

I would like to recommend testing us at Airpush. Our Bundle 1 Google Play compliant SDK pay on a CPM basis (with the assigned CPM being calculated from the performance and user engagement on the ads) for the impressions on our display ads, along with a pay per install where you can earn up to $0.04 per USA user install and EULA (end user license agreement) opt in, so you can truly earn from each of your users.

Check out our interactive demo site for our ad types here - Airpush Publisher Demo

Shoot me a PM to chat further.

Airpush Nick

The argument can go both ways. The fact of the matter is if you only have a handful of users using your app, you will not earn a lot of money on the app regardless of what ad network you choose and what kind of revenue scenario you are getting.

I would actually argue that you have a higher upside to doing a CPI model because your earnings potential is something like $1-$2 per person that uses your app assuming a 100% download rate. That backs out into a $1,000-$2,000 CPM.

Going the CPM route guarantees you $1-$2 per user, but you will never make more money on those users no matter the performance. A CPM model actually works better with a much higher audience size since you could be making thousands a day per million users.

In the end, for a small app do you really care about making $1-$2 per day from a handful of users? Best to go make a better app to get at least 100k users and not waste your time even bothering with ad networks.

Don’t choose mobileCore it’s performing very very low and has the worst inventory.
Just go with admob it’s best for you

There is one thing you shouldbe awrae of - the with CPI networks, fill rate is very high. At Appnext it’s 100% globablly. I’m fure for other CPI networks it’s very high as well. This means that we will always serve an ad. With CPM networks, even admob - that’s not the case. What you really need to do is test 2-3 networks against each other (in the same place, with the same amount of traffic directed to them) and see who’s generating more revenue for you. For some developers admob is the answer. For some - Appnext. For some - others.
Best solution for you and most developers is to diversify your risks - run 2-3 networks, always, and test new ones from time time. Stick to those who are stable and reliable.

Hello everybody

First of all thanks for all the replies, you are helping me so much.

Hi Jonathan I would like to ask a few things about appnext and CPI model, I will be very glad if you can answer me.

First, in what moments appnext pay me? I mean, app next will generate revenue for me only when someone install an app shown in my game, or impressions and clicks can generate revenue for me too?

Second, how much do I will earn for every app install? (in average)

Third, Can I choose the campaigns that will run in my app? Or appnext will choose this automaticaly for me? Because there’s campaigns that pays more than others, I think.

I tried many cpi models but their ecpm is very very low,because if one of your user install an app you earn 0.3.for example you got 100.000 users but none of them install ads app and you earn nothing .people see ads click ads but a bit people install them…so my advice is cpm or cpc based ad network…for example mopub with cpc based adnetwork meditation. 5000 impressions gives 0.3 or one install gives 0.3 too.so impressions is easy but if your user dont like ads app or install them before you earn nothing…Cpc based adnetwork is good and cpm based adnetwork is the best…

Hello friend, thanks for the advice.
Do you suggest other cpm / cpc networks, besides admob? I think 5000 impressions can give much more then 0,30 cents. A good network at least can do… Can I ask you which cpi networks have you tried? And how many users do you have? Thank you.

Airpush is cpm Network and good for 1k and up impressions…

I have several apps making 1k to 5k impressions daily and I get an eCPM of $1+

Hi romel, thank you for sharing.

Im affraid to use airpush. With airpush users have to acept a EULA or something like this in my app? And can I get banned from Playstore because of their ads? I’m asking this because I readed somethings about this network… Also, I readed that theres a bundle1 and bundle2 sdks. What’s the difference?

Thank you :wink:

No Problem with EULA … You still earn even users don’t accept EULA. If you are on Google Play just use their standard SDK. When downloading their sdk you can easily see which SDKs are compliant with GP and their differences …

Hi there, sorry for the late reply -
First of all, we pay for installs only, because this is what our advertisers pay us for. Strictly CPI.
Second, since we are a CPI bidding platform - our advertisers set the rate. Average is about 1-2.5 USD for the U.S. And tier 1 countries and going lower for lower tiers. Sometimes an offer will have a lower CPI rate but will convert much better, giving you a higher eCPM.
Third, we choose the campaign for you. Our ad server ‘learns’ your placement over a few days to optimize and serve the highest eCPM-generating campaigns.

Hope this is clear enough :slight_smile:

I have 10000 + user i tried leadbolt,apnext,millenial but i earn max. 0,5 dolar from them in 1 week…now i use startapp its better then them but ecpm is very low too.i have banned from admob and i cant understand why they steal my money,but i open a new account and use admob with mopub mediation now but low ecpm too
.airpush shows eula and user dont like it they think my app steal something…i dont try mobilcore and chartboost …so startapp gives 10000+ user 50 dolar in 4 mounth my users %50 from turkey

I’ve only tried Admob, but it’s good, eCPM of +$1.5 almost always, in good times its +$2

Hey @HighwayMobile,

You should check it Supersonic. Our eCPM rates are currently $3, our lightweight SDK is really easy to integrate and you can choose between interstitials, video rewards and offer walls.
We’re also having an Easter Promotion that ends tomorrow- if you sign up today, we’ll give you $100 bonus with your first deposit to use on mobile UA. You can monetize and promote your app with Supersonic. Definitely worth a shot. More info here!

Hi HighwayMobile,

We actually just released our new SDK without the EULA agreement screen, and is still 100% Google Play Compliant. It’s available now on our dashboard.
Bundle SDK 1.0 Documentation - manage.airpush.com/docs

PM me if you have any questions.

Nick

Is thiS SDK includes the fix of false adware detection?

No that is a different version. We do have that one without a EULA too.

SDK: http://manage.airpush.com/sdk/Standard_Beta_SDK.zip

Doc: Standard SDK 1.0 Beta - manage.airpush.com/docs

Shoot me a PM if you use this one.

Airpush Nick

Please point me to no-EULA and non detectable as adware SDK. Thanks Nic!

Tried pollfish without giving any reward to users. It surely gives $0.3 per completed survey.

I have total 10,000 active user daily and i am trying pollfish for 1000 users per day. geting 10 to 14 survey completed daily.

Is that good/bad/average?

any tectic reward to lure users without effecting the ads revenue?