Admob sticky banner with CTR over 4%?

Hello guys,

I have just launched a new app and put one of those 300x50px sticky banners on the bottom of the screen. The app is basically a wrap up of a worpdress site. Navigation of posts is done vertically, as you see on the attached image. To my surprise the average CTR on this banner is over 4%, which does not seem very safe to me

I wonder if this position is allowed at all. I’ve seen it on many similar apps, but would not expect such a high CTR

Would be very glad to hear your opinion, thanks a lot

There is no attached image (and you said “as you can see on the attached image”). CTR for banners should be at least 10x lower than what you have…
Maybe app link or at least the mentioned image? How big is the dataset (I mean: how many impressions you had?)

If you have it in a way that people are clicking on it by accident, you could get banned from Admob.

Here is the image, sorry about that Imgur

So far I had around 5 000 impressions, and CTR overall is actually of over 5% right now

so as you scroll, you can touch the banner… I bet your ecpm is low. As you designed it so that the banner can get accidental clicks, I get why you’re worried now. 4-5% is SUPER HIGH. Can’t prove this, but I get that triggers off some signal to admob. GL

It was obviously not designed to get accidental clicks, I just used the ad the same way I see in so many other apps. Had no idea at all that the CTR would be this high and now I’m worried, sure. I wonder if there is a right way to use sticky ads like those and if I’m doing something wrong or if all other apps just live with the risk

then if this is true, dont worry.

That’s super high for banner…but what’s your CVR?eCPM?