AndroidIncome.com

Yes, androidIncome.com is just yet another forum.

Lately I spend a lot of time everyday on MMWA and it terrifies me how spammed it became. I feel really uncomfortable with it. People create topics in wrong subforums. I will not criticize the admin of MMWA either, he’s just busy.

I want to make highly organized forum for developers who want to share their experience and learn from each other.

Most important things about my forum:
- Not spammed with stolen app codes and vietnamese housing offers

• Income reports section with real income reports and only the income reports, where all the threads not including real income report will be removed
  • Dedicated sub-forum for those looking for REAL FEEDBACK and real testers of your application
  • Separate sub-forum for review-exchanges
  • Sub-forum for questions about programming and the code
  • Highly moderated, with the topics in appropriate sub-forums
  • Decent domain name
  • Responsive, minimalistic design

Forum is hosted in France, I’ll move it if it appears that most users are from US / Canada. If there are any problems with the forum, if you don’t like the site performance, please let me know, I’ll investigate it and find another hosting if necessary. I want this new forum to be less crowded place than this one, and with more focus on sharing the knowledge. Three sub-forums are restricted to registered users (Income reports, Advertising networks & monetizing strategies and Marketing methods).

I’m also looking for a moderator who will help me to keep the forum in order (moving posts to relevant sub-forums, removing the flame / spam posts etc) - more info in Meta section of my forum.

Check out AndroidIncome.com
I will share my (unfortunately, very limited) knowledge there and my income reports when I release my MMORPG.

I’m aware of other forums, but I think my forum will be different and useful to the developers community.

Good luck…

Good luck but the problem is getting traffic to your website witch is tough. My website mainly was focused on android users and not android developers. My focus was very different from making money with android but I do have a developer section with a ton of information on marketing and developer strategies.
That last part about not wanting to focus on making money is really off by the way. It would be better to stop mentioning other people or even thinking about other people. In order to actually make money , you got to focus on making money.

Thanks for the feedback. I edited my post now, it was quite long and it was about everything at once. I changed it to focus on what matters here.
I don’t mind the low traffic, I want to earn money with making android applications, not with the forum itself. I just want to have all the valuable information well organized. I hope I’ll get few experienced users who will share their knowledge and help each other. The forum is not a product to generate revenue for me. The forum is just a tool which will help me and other developers to develop apps that will generate the income.

As far as general advice if you want to make money period start with making apps rather than games. Find out what people use repeatedly and then make that. A year ago I made a simple calculator app even though the phone comes with a calculator installed already. It made only $70 but the lesson was learned , make stuff people need to use everyday or just often. You might not make a lot of revenue all at once but if you have 20-30 solid apps you will make good money without having to spend too much time promoting. Just gave you a piece of advice you never hear anywhere else!!

I changed the style. I liked the previous one but it was too bugged. Now it works better. I’ll change the colors for something less depressing later today.

I try to register and I get an error after approving the terms…

Thanks a lot for pointing it out @scow! So lame of me… I fixed it already, you can register now. I’ll try to find better colors for the forum now.

nice forum :slight_smile: there is also androidprofit.com which is also aaaaaait

Thanks @toxic, and thanks for the forum link, it looks good. Not very active unfortunately but maybe it’ll grow. I found an interesting topic there: We will PROMOTE your app (10k-1M downloads) for free - rev share terms - Marketing Ideas - Android Profit forums
Unfortunately its quite hardcore offer - show their interstitial on app launch and then 50 : 50 split for all the generated revenue. Do you guys know any more legit offers with revenue share for app promotion?

I created few new topics and shared some marketing tips on AndroidIncome.com. You might want to check it out :slight_smile:

Why do you have a registration barrier on some of the sub forums? That’s gonna stop a lot of people from joining.

@phil917
Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to achieve exactly the opposite. I thought maybe people will register to read the content of the subforums, as it will be valuable knowledge there. And there is some valuable knowledge in there already, as I shared some tips and links. And I’m planning to share links to the sites where you can get resources to your app.
I’ll re-think my approach and maybe unlock the content for the guests. I’ll post it here if I decide to do so.

I opened all the subforums for everyone, so no registration required to browse them.

That’s a nice mob, please think of setting up some professional theme

@issamassafi - well, I don’t think the theme is the problem. At the moment, the problem is the content. However, it will improve with time. I’m planning to share my experience there. If nobody will use it, I’ll use it by myself - I add useful links and thoughts there.

When the forum gets some traffic, if the users request it, I’ll buy some nice theme. Its not worth it to buy the theme if I’m the only one who writes on the forum (and I like the current, minimalistic theme). Thanks for the feedback though.