Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Admob Account suspended for no apparent reason

Just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone's experienced/is experiencing the same thing. I just woke up an hour ago and to my hearts discontent I found my AdMob account suspended. I haven't changed anything at all lately and am really dumbfounded as to why this has happened, I did not recieve any email whatsoever regarding the AdMob account. I always place my ads far away from buttons and always create my own graphics etc.

I have developed apps using LibGdx the past 1 years full time and am currently living on my earnings from the apps. I have roughly 28 apps that I have developed myself (art and everything except music which is creative common attribution license). One of my apps called "My Virtual Pet Care" managed to go "viral" in Brazil, Portugal, Spain and some other spanish talking countries (currently 1.4 million downloads). This and the fact that I have several other apps with 100k+ downloads result have resultet in a very high income from my ads, about 500-600 dollars/day.

I really love creating apps and I thought I had truly struck gold. But I guess one can never really be sure, especially in the world of ads, I mean some random people on other side of the globe could just feel like spamming my ads just for fun (or something else). I suspect the reason behind my account suspensions is just that, either that some random people just went ham on my ads and wanted me gone or that an ad was placed too close to a button in one of my very first apps (don't think so though, and if so those apps have been on the market for well over a year).

I'll just start working on changing to other ad-networks I suppose, but I've lost roughly 24 000 dollars. I honestly don't want to complain too much about it though because I am well aware how random and unjust Google Play is, I've seen a lot of people create better apps than I've developed with less than 500 downloads over a long period of time so I guess I should be glad I at least got some money from devoting 1 years to developing Android apps.

Needless to say I'm very sad that this has happened and I hope this never happens to anyone else. And if anyone has experienced something similar and managed to get it resolved please let me know. I've sent an appeal to AdMob via some form but I have my doubts whether it'll help or not.

For anyone interested here's a link to my apps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=Nealo+Inc..

My email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Nealo; 2013-07-18 at 10:01 AM.

2. Likes qaz1243qaz liked this post
    Thanks Magnesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Well , I can see that your Google play account is already banned ,
    I know exactly what you are talking about but I have something to say to you ...

this is not the end pal , this is the beginning of a whole new Era for your android life , now you have your account suspended you are free to go "dirty"

Admob is pullshit , the same happened to me they suspended my account with 6k$ but the good news is that once you have gone through this you have nothing to loose and you need to go aggressive in your ads strategy ,

Your first step would be getting a new account and then start to be aggressive in your ad strategy , you can easily triple your income in no time

Here is my start app referral link , it has been very good to me
    StartApp - Developer Register

and also you will find a new ad network in my signature

Sheers , and good luck
    Sign up for StartApp for 15$ bonus on first 1000 download + 15$ for the first 250K Impressions , Use my referral link
    http://startapp.com/rft7ac2
    Mobvista : Great Ad network with 100% fill rate : https://dev.mobvista.com/user/register/?u=TWpJMU5RPT0=

4. Dislikes Magnesus disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha jeesus christ you made my heart jump, I had for some reason forgot a dot at the end of my url. I've updated it to the correct link now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r?id=Nealo+Inc.

And ye, I've got some plans of my own to go really dirty, i'll check out your link for sure. But for the time being I'm probably going to try my wings with airpush banner ads.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Better just use other banner networks but with mediation (moPub or sth similar), they mostly have higher eCPM anyway.

By the way: you have hilarious comment on one of your games: "Can u pu boobs in? "

7. Thanks Nealo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeh I'll look into all other ad-networks and possibly some mediation if fill-rates are poor. Magnesus have you had any experience with Airpush banner ads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealo View Post
    Haha jeesus christ you made my heart jump, I had for some reason forgot a dot at the end of my url. I've updated it to the correct link now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r?id=Nealo+Inc.

And ye, I've got some plans of my own to go really dirty, i'll check out your link for sure. But for the time being I'm probably going to try my wings with airpush banner ads.

Cheers
    Oh , sorry about that ,
    You are in a good shape then , Goodluck
    Sign up for StartApp for 15$ bonus on first 1000 download + 15$ for the first 250K Impressions , Use my referral link
    http://startapp.com/rft7ac2
    Mobvista : Great Ad network with 100% fill rate : https://dev.mobvista.com/user/register/?u=TWpJMU5RPT0=

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Making up to $600/day you are very well able to afford an attorney. Just talk to one and he/she will let you know if you have a case and what to do.

10 years ago 2 ad companies decided not to pay me and my partner the 28,000 they owed us so we got an attorney and we got all our money in a couple of weeks by threatening to sue.

Admob is basically accusing you of fraud.

TALK TO AN ATTORNEY!

11. Thanks Nealo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrBruce View Post
    Making up to $600/day you are very well able to afford an attorney. Just talk to one and he/she will let you know if you have a case and what to do.

10 years ago 2 ad companies decided not to pay me and my partner the 28,000 they owed us so we got an attorney and we got all our money in a couple of weeks by threatening to sue.

Admob is basically accusing you of fraud.

TALK TO AN ATTORNEY!
    Yeh I feel like the whole business is a huge fraud. However I just recently started making this much money so I'm not sure if I can afford an attorney, I also live in Sweden which I suppose doesn't make things easier if I'd go ahead with a lawsuit. Thanks for the input though, I'll definitely consider suing them if they won't reinstate my account.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
    Better just use other banner networks but with mediation (moPub or sth similar), they mostly have higher eCPM anyway.

By the way: you have hilarious comment on one of your games: "Can u pu boobs in? "
    Hahaha what? Which game is that? :P Also which adnetworks have you had the best experience with? I'm thinking of trying Airpush banner ads + possibly smartwall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm looking at 1-2 of your games and I don't see any reason why admob would ban you - were you giving some traffic to admob (though even that SHOULD NOT be a reason because I don't recall seeing anywhere in admob stuff that developers need to make sure they use admob or give it certain portion of traffic).

Was it possibly one of the other ad networks you were using ?

Or the other culprits usually postulated to be the reason for such suspensions:
    - unreasonably high CTR - which maybe seen as fraudulent excess clicking

If nothing else if they ban an account - they can surely send a canned response at least ?

Or is it that this is their Google algorithm at work - and basically Skynet (Terminator) is here and running people's lives ? - could be possible the algorithm does something stupid occasionally ?

But the mention here of reasonably successful developers facing this issue is odd - i.e. David in another thread:
    AdMob Account Disabled
    mentioning same issue - and your as well.

The comment by one poster that "it hasn't happened to them yet" - is NOT a valid response because it does not give credence to the statistical nature of Google algorithm's behaviors - i.e. it could be that they goof up in 1% of cases - but when it happens it disrupts that developer's workflow/revenue flow.

For this reason there should be a developer channel at Google which addresses this stuff - and developers just "leaving on the table" $24K is NOT something to be taken lightly !!

Perhaps what one poster (who was posing as an attorney) - was suggesting i.e. revenue recovery from the dubious networks - perhaps some of the same treatment needs to be applied to Google as well - will that poster take up an issue with Google for recovery of revenue of frozen account ?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast