Start App permissions?

Hello i want to integrate in to my application a StartApp SDK, that app been already in Google Play, when i add those perrmission did users must manualy update my application and agree to new permission, or not and update will be automaticly download?

<uses-permission android:name = "com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.motorola.dlauncher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.motorola.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.lge.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.android.launcher.permission.UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT" /> 

<uses-permission android:name = "com.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.motorola.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.motorola.dlauncher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.fede.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.lge.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "org.adw.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.teslacoilsw.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.anddoes.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" /> 

<uses-permission android:name = "com.android.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.htc.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.motorola.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.motorola.dlauncher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.lge.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.fede.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "org.adw.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.teslacoilsw.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 
<uses-permission android:name = "com.anddoes.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" /> 

And the 2 question:
How to add Startapp eula to bootReceiver?

I haven’t used StartApp yet - but I just became aware of this fact as suggested by AppFlood (I think - can’t remember the link):

Good of AppFlood to point this out - they said that if you increase permissions, an app that would previously have updated automatically on a user device, will now require manual approval by the user.

Yep @adforandroidapps is right.

Great, but Appflood don;t pay per install? :slight_smile:

Yes, but this perrmissions is not for all device, Startapp say in another thread, that this permissions is invisible in google play

My purpose was not to compare StartApp with AppFlood - just to answer the question:

“what is impact of increasing permissions for an existing app”

And the answer (as suggested by a FAQ page on AppFlood website - i.e. purely informational) where they warn that if you increase your permissions from what they are in previous versions, then there is a slight disadvantage that “auto-update” will not work for that pre-existing Active User base - since the user has to be shown a new set of permissions (i.e. Google Play wants users to have chance to review any changes in permissions).

I would guess that if you LOWER the permissions you use in an update to a pre-existing app - THEN the auto-update should go through - though I don’t have any info on that.

Any change in any permissions (unless you’ve only removed previous permissions) will result in a manual update being required.

OK, thanks for info. And how about add eula to BootReceiver? So, when users don’t launch my app manualy (it is widget without icon in menu) then also see eula, but after boot, like on Airpush. It is possible to do with StartApp?

Ktos,

Please contact our support at [email protected] and we will happily assist you with it.