Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,259 of 1259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by puffythumb View Post
    Appodeal says it takes 48 hours, for the ecpm to be finalized - but even after multiple days Appodeal shows the same Ecpm, so what is the final ecpm?

Here check out my latest screenshot.Attachment 10499
    Hi puffythumb, thank you for sharing the stats with us. May we understand which country specific is running through Appodeal for these numbers?

Also, what is the revenue difference you see from the first time you started working with them till now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Hi puffythumb, thank you for sharing the stats with us. May we understand which country specific is running through Appodeal for these numbers?

Also, what is the revenue difference you see from the first time you started working with them till now?
    Hi Bogdan,

The 3 games showcased in the screenshot here have a dominant user base in India, with USA being second in line for the daily downloads. As i mentioned before I'm trying out Appodeal, to gauge if they are worth moving my other apps (100+) from Admob.

To gauge them I have decided to keep my judgement reserved till February ends, as even Admob is showing poor results.

I started with them in January, which is a lean month and there really has been no real revenue difference, it's been poor and it's still poor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi puffythumb!

You're right when you say January is a lean month. Advertising rates don't really pick up again until around the end of February.

If you DM me the email address you're using for your Appodeal account, I can look into your setup for you, and see how we can further optimize
    Publisher Relations at Appodeal
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Skype: thatkaur
    Check out Appodeal's Indie Game Dev Contest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi , pls i have an urgent question

In my game i was going to integrate Admob interstitial each time a level is completed.
    Now that i have the idea to integrate Appodeal ( for rewarded videos ) i saw that Appodeal ask to be linked to my Admob account , so i am afraid now that Admob can suspend my account in the future !!! Maybe Admob will consider displaying Admob interstitials + Appodeal ( that come from Admob as i can understand ) duplication ( like the case of displaying 2 banners per screen )

Please is it really safe !!!! or i have to disable Admob and just keep Appodeal ( and i call appodeal interstitial between levels )
    2) I can't see a good Filter of content in Appodeal , am i right ??

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Med amik Hi! Look! If you are going to show only rewarded video through Appodeal you don't need to synchronise your Admob account but it's necessary for interstitials.

6. Likes Norbi4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why was Ecpm so low in the past 2 weeks at every ads provider including Admob? My earnings have been reduced by nearly half .

8. Likes A1ka1inE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    admob has implement their own admob rewarded video ads. When is appodeal going to integrate to the SDK and plug in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Concern
    Numbers out of nowhere
    **and vagueness

As we all know, Appodeal says it will take part of an ad's eCPM only if it is successful in boosting the eCPM.

Sounds great at a glance. But what do they really mean by that?

First, we must understand the low-level basics of Appodeal.
    **(simplified and assuming top ad is shown)
    1. Ads are requested to various ad networks
    2. Prices are compared
    3. Top paying ad is displayed
    4. % of Boost -> Appodeal; the rest of profit -> User

But wait. Where is this Boost coming from?
    How is the Boost in eCPM calculated? The fundamentals of the Boost are never clearly explained.
    What is it referencing that was increased.
    You cannot have a boost in something that isn't definitively there.

Trying to find an answer
    *Preface: The images about to be shown are of me chatting to Appodeal's live support team.
    *****I am not logged in at the time due to anonymization concerns
    *****In certain messages I act as if I am a promising new customer in order for a greater chance on getting them to spit out some answers.

Before the live support, I checked out almost their entire FAQ section; no luck; just vague explanations with enticing words to make it sound promising.

Once I got on the live support I thought for sure they would be able to clarify things for me. Unfortunately things became very unsettling. As I tried to get an answer to a simple question: "How is the eCPM Boost found/calculated", it became apparent to me that they did not want me, or anyone else to know this fundamental part of their payment distribution.

Here are some chat logs:
    Low Bandwidth (compressed): http://i.imgur.com/2hPfvAR.png
    High Bandwidth (full resolution): http://i.imgur.com/I7bNqTn.jpg

Conclusion:
    With all of this being said, my reason for this post is not to discourage people from using Appodeal.
    I simply want to provide people some insight into what I have discovered.

In complete absence of a quality answer on behalf of the specifics pertaining to the Boost Optimization, I personally will no longer be using Appodeal and plan on implementing a mix of ad networks on my own.

If anyone that works for Appodeal or feels they could shine some light, please respond. Appodeal was intriguing and I got modest results; however and unfortunately, I cannot continue with them at this point due to this dilemma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reed Cornstrum: all ad networks are black boxes by definition.