admob or airpush for an kids game ?

which one would be better guys ? i haven’t tried airpush before but iv heard that they pay more ? but im not sure if that would be in my case because my app is targeted to the middle east ? my app is a coloring pages for kids

New COPA requirements went into effect on July 1st. Unless you want to be under FTC scanner you better make sure your advertisers are not collecting data you should not from kids apps.

sorry, i really didn’t get what u said, first of all what is FTC scanner ? and second i didn’t understand which advertiser company collect’s data they should not collect from kids ? and also what is this data ? , (location, emails, …) ?

with admob you won’t get much earnings (at least that is my experience)
When submitting your game in play store and making it available for Google play for education, you can keep the ads checkbox unchecked. (if your game is an educational one)

No, my app is not educational, it just makes them color some images, and also why would i unchecked the ads check box , i actually want to make some earnings from it ?

then why go for admob when airpush can give you better earnings. Once you reach Pricing and Distribution page, you will get what I meant by unchecking the ads checkbox.

Collecting information from kids apps is not just considered spamming, Its illegal. Please stop suggesting dangerous practices to follow developers.

who are you to stop me. I am giving my opinion as per my experience, rest is the reader’s choice.

Admob will only give you fair earnings if there are huge number of downloads. I don’t know about that FTC scanner thing though but admob is no good .

I use admob for kids apps because it is owned by google so it would be a safe bet that the ads they send would not get your app banned. Basically putting the responsibility on google to keep their ad network legal for google play.

You can filter ad types with admob as well. I do this for specific apps here and there. The only kids game i have has a filter for religion, politics and dating sites (plus a bunch of others that i filter by name). I also put in the description that admob ads are used and for people to report any kid offensive ads they see so i can filter them. I have gotten a few emails and added the filters. The parents appreciated it.

Its not just good to filter the ads for kids but better for your bottom line, because seriously why would an 11 year old kid click on eharmony ads? LOL…

In my experience Admob will give very marginal earnings, their CPM is consistent but very low… in the end you will make more money with Airpush. Admob’s portal may be more stable but Airpush pays weekly and typically have higher CPM. If you have a kids app I would suggest filtering out the “adult/dating” ads, you can do so in Airpush developer dashboard.

Its a new COPPA law, when they say collecting data they mean everything. Uploading any data to your own server(s): photos, text, location, email, IP address, etc. Reward ads are also forbidden (Tapjoy etc.). Any third party service that collect data is also forbidden (Analitycs services and similar). Developers take all responsibility for app so you can be banned if you are using Admob GPS permission even if Admob is allowed. You can not know which one collect data so you need to ask them but be aware that there is a lot shady networks like Airpush that are not always honest to the developers.

COPPA is only in the USA though, right? We could always show different ads depending on country.

I would prefers the eCPM of airpush but does anyone know airpush COPPA compliance?