Warning From Google Play

This is a notification that your application, xxxxxx xxxxxx, with package ID xxxxxx.xxxx.xxx, is currently in violation of our developer terms.

REASON FOR WARNING: Potential violation of the Impersonation or Deceptive behavior and/or intellectual property provisions of the Content Policy.

Your app and/or elements of its listing on Google Play, including title, description, icon(s), or promotional screenshots, have been flagged for potential unauthorized usage of protected works belonging to a third party. Protected work could typically include product names, brands, images, logos, music, and similar works. This is a policy warning of impending removal.

To achieve compliance, you must perform one of the following actions within 7 days, or your app will be permanently disabled:

Use our appeals form to provide verifiable and accepted proof that you have rights or license to utilize this content,
Make modifications to your app and/or its listing to bring it into compliance. To do so, remove any content that may be a protected work in your app and/or app listing.
Unpublish the listing from further availability on Google Play.
For further guidance, please refer to this article for more information.

If you have additional apps in your catalog, please also review and update them to reach compliance. Note that any remaining applications found to be in violation will be removed from the Google Play Store.

The Google Play Team
I dont know why i received this warning , but i think it is becoz i renamed the package name of a library for use in my app. it is that what is causing this warning???. can anyone help me with this

Hard to help you without knowing what is your app. I don’ think package name will trigger the above warning.

If you don’t want to show your app, at least write what is it about. What it does, how it does it etc.

Check the name and description of your app - search for any words that could be trademarked or are names of other apps/actors/singers/brands/companies, remove them if there are. Check your screenshots - if you use graphics for wallpapers make sure you own the right to them. Check also this list (it’s too short, because it’s only for not obvious words): http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/android-development/10611-not-allowed-list-things.html
Also if your app has anything to do with tetris or flow you might have hard time keeping it not banned.

I got this exact same thing for one of my apps today, it had the word “Craft” in the title. I’ve seen so many apps with millions of downloads do it so I dint think it would be a problem.

You can have craft in your app title it is not a trademark, you cant trademark single words.

I have a witch “Craft” app myself and it is up on google with no problems.

You can and a lot of words are trademarked for game usage (flow, memory) - it may depend on the country though. Some big companies may also try to attack others through Google’s “impersonation” rule even if they don’t have trademark, just on the looks of the game.

Do you know how us indies can report an app that is impersonating you?

i mean i changed the package name of a third party library

thanks magnesus , it has nothing to do with description as i got this warning after i updated my app i.e new apk

it is a music player

Don’t assume that - APK updates ofter trigger Google bot to check description and title for policy infringements. And even if you haven’t changed a letter something might be detected that went under their radar before.

Yeah I second what @Magnesus is saying right here. Tons of apps that are in clear violation of GPlay rules just haven’t been updated in a very long time.

Have you written any artist, band names etc in description? Or maybe your screen contain covers of albums? Or maybe your app downloads music from some websites?

but i update my app every 3 days or so, and when i updated to my 6.5 version then i got this warning, and i have confirmed its the new .apk that caused the warning becoz i used some code from a open source music player

nope, it doesnt

here is the link . see for yourself i dont think i have a problem with description:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.apps.musicplayer

well mine wasnt until i updated it to 6.5 beta

Your app is called “Material Design …”, keep in mind it’s Google name for their design, your name can make ppl think it’s some kind of official app.

nope that is not the problem bro. thing is i have another app with different name but still it receives the warning