Recommendation for better ctr on banner ads

Hey so I recently just published an app on the store last week and it is already getting 5,000 impressions a day with admob and continuing to grow. My click through rate is horrendous though .05% and eCPM is $0.03. So as you can imagine im not to happy with those results considering the number of daily impressions I am getting.
My app is a simple camera utility app the add appears on top of the first screen only (camera preview) and goes away on the image display screen. Those 5,000 impressions come from around 300 active users a day. Since it is a photo app I dont want to use the full screen ads as I feel that is too much. I also thought about air push but then that could stunt my apps growth rate dramatically due to uninstalls. The user base is currently doubling each day so I dont want to hurt that. So I really want to just somehow increase my CTR through banner ads. What do you all think is the best solution for that?

Or just go with airpush?

I’m guessing they only see your banner ad for a few seconds? If that’s the case then that’s why your CTR and eCPM are so low.

I would try AppBrain’s AppWall. It asks the user if they want to see the AppWall or not and then either continues with your app or displays the app wall. eCPMs are stable and desirable and they support tons of languages. Users much prefer being asked if they want to see the ad, so you can still make more revenue while keep user experience at a good level.

Alternatively I would recommend StartApp (see my referral link for a $25 bonus when your app has been downloaded 100 times with their SDK). They offer PPD a (Pay per download) revenue model.
Their SDK brings up a Opt-in/out dialog up on app launch where they either accept or decline the ad package. If they accept then an icon is placed on their home screen that allows Searching for mobile content, they get a bookmark added and their Homepage is changed to StartApp’s search page(homepage and bookmark are optional - you decide that upon integration). All those things are easily removed by the user too. If they press Decline then nothing happens obviously.

They typically pay 5 cents per US install and 1 cent per non-US install.

I’ve had great success with both networks.

Hope those tips help!

Hey yes thats very helpful! I really like that ppd option, I feel like that limits your profits though… On the other hand what do you guys think about the negatives of using push ad services they seem to be the most profitable I just dont get why so many people are against it.

with startapp under PPD it says 1cent for returning us users does that mean every time your app is used you get 1cent? or if they download it then uninstall then re download you get 1cent?

@A1ka1inE, has mentioned about Appbrain Offerwall. Not everyone can make money from it as they dont give access to their offerwalls directly. You have to request it, and they will manually unlock it if your app has more then 250k downloads, otherwise it is blocked for new apps. You can use dialog box(interstitials) which they offer and they have paypal payments only.
What would work for you, is to add some Exit Ads, and add some button with OfferWalls inside. That would at least grow up your revenue.
In terms of banners, I dont think that you can rise the CTR, unless you will not put it on some place where users will be able to see it more then few second…

It means that if someone downloads your app and already have the StartApp SDK installed (either from someone else’s app or yours) then they are a returning user.

What!?
I don’t know where you got that information, but it is definitely incorrect.
I have AppBrain’s AppWall working on several apps under 250k Downloads on more than one account. The only thing they do not allow is directly calling the AppWall (unless you contact them and negotiate it). The dialog that asks if the user wants to view the AppWall is actually more effective than just calling it as you are putting the user in control.

I was talking about direct call to AppWall. I also do use them with standard way, but their dialog is not so informative and always the same. If I would have access directly to their AppWall I could come out with customized DialogBox which will be a way better then the original.

P.S When I hear about someone using AppWall I understand that as like devs would have direct access to call it, otherwise it is not pure* AppWall, it will be AlertDialog, SmartDialog, and etc names.

Ok fair enough.