Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Question Anyone tried these Networks? Pros and cons?

    Hi there!

    Anyone here working with the any of these networks:

    Applovin

    Smaato

    Mobpartner

    AppFlood


    Any reviews will be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member A1ka1inE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Appflood can be awesome if you have a good game, but they are useless in "apps". Only use them for games.

    I haven't used the other networks, but I heard they're all quite good at least.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    smaato has good ecpms and pays, but they pay net 90+ or so

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the replies.

    A1ka1inE, why you think the Appflood is working just for games? BTW, what if the "app" is in entertainment category?

    lmaosoft, the payment term of Smaato is 60 days. Have you not worked with them?

  5. #5
    Senior Member A1ka1inE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by androapp View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies.

    A1ka1inE, why you think the Appflood is working just for games? BTW, what if the "app" is in entertainment category?
    Tried it on an app that gets 2.5k downloads a day and earned less than a dollar a day with them for a week. That was using all their ad formats. I've spoken to a few other devs and they have had similar experiences. Games however, are way more profitable with AppFlood. I guess it's mainly down to people advertising way more games on AppFlood than apps. Apps need to advertise other apps for good CTR and Games need to advertise other games for good CTR (with AppFlood at least).

  6. #6
    Senior Member XdebugX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ka1inE View Post
    Tried it on an app that gets 2.5k downloads a day and earned less than a dollar a day with them for a week. That was using all their ad formats. I've spoken to a few other devs and they have had similar experiences. Games however, are way more profitable with AppFlood. I guess it's mainly down to people advertising way more games on AppFlood than apps. Apps need to advertise other apps for good CTR and Games need to advertise other games for good CTR (with AppFlood at least).
    I just implemented appflood in one of my apps. I noticed for the app wall ads you can select if you want to show other games, or other apps, or both, and even select if you want to show tablet apps or games. For now I'm trying a mixture of both, will let you know how it does for me.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by androapp View Post
    lmaosoft, the payment term of Smaato is 60 days. Have you not worked with them?
    I have worked with them and the *actual* payment term is not 60 days. But they do pay and have good ecpm.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ka1inE View Post
    Tried it on an app that gets 2.5k downloads a day and earned less than a dollar a day with them for a week. That was using all their ad formats. I've spoken to a few other devs and they have had similar experiences. Games however, are way more profitable with AppFlood. I guess it's mainly down to people advertising way more games on AppFlood than apps. Apps need to advertise other apps for good CTR and Games need to advertise other games for good CTR (with AppFlood at least).
    I agree with you if you only put focus on their banner ads, as it is the same with my case as I found their banner has a dissapointing converting.
    But appflood's interstitial and push ad are performing pretty good on two entertainment apps I am working for.
    one app is using their interstitial, daily impressions about 9800+ impressions with average daily revenue of about $13. That's about 1.3 eCPM, not too bad in my opinion.
    The other app is using their push notifacation, with 180000+impressions daily, now making a daily revenue of about $130.

    I wonder where is your traffic mainly from? That could be a key factor sometimes too.

    Or have you tried to contact appflood to get them help you optimize your eCPM?

    Our studio is a close partner of appflood, we get many valuable suggestion from their support team.

    Hope this helps a little.

  9. #9
    Senior Member A1ka1inE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XdebugX View Post
    I just implemented appflood in one of my apps. I noticed for the app wall ads you can select if you want to show other games, or other apps, or both, and even select if you want to show tablet apps or games. For now I'm trying a mixture of both, will let you know how it does for me.
    Yeah I tried that, but it looks like they don't have enough apps being advertised. Anyway please do post back your results!

  10. #10
    Senior Member A1ka1inE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivianyang View Post
    I agree with you if you only put focus on their banner ads, as it is the same with my case as I found their banner has a dissapointing converting.
    But appflood's interstitial and push ad are performing pretty good on two entertainment apps I am working for.
    one app is using their interstitial, daily impressions about 9800+ impressions with average daily revenue of about $13. That's about 1.3 eCPM, not too bad in my opinion.
    The other app is using their push notifacation, with 180000+impressions daily, now making a daily revenue of about $130.

    I wonder where is your traffic mainly from? That could be a key factor sometimes too.

    Or have you tried to contact appflood to get them help you optimize your eCPM?

    Our studio is a close partner of appflood, we get many valuable suggestion from their support team.

    Hope this helps a little.
    Well I wasn't using their banner ads, I was using their Push, AppList and Interstitial.
    Traffic was from U.S, U.K, EU and Asia.
    eCPM after 1 week was $0.20 overall.

    I tried contacting support and got no reply.

    I also then saw that other developers had a similar experience in the comments on Bill's blog posts: Make Money with Android Apps

    I'm sure games are much better suited to AppFlood than apps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone tried Mobilecore SDK ?? Pros and cons?
    By devo1985 in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 2014-07-28, 06:01 AM
  2. Introduction to Ad Networks
    By Apptopia in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-05-29, 11:13 AM
  3. Chinese ad networks
    By MARAUD3R in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2013-04-19, 06:35 AM
  4. Multiple Ad Networks in same App?
    By ShopHub in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2013-04-14, 12:32 PM
  5. How ad networks work?
    By bosko in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-02-11, 08:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •