Questions about AppWalls

Hi guys, I am a new comer in this forum and this is my first thread.
I was reading the threads and people’s discussion these days to study. I found that there are lots of people interested in AppWalls. I am afraid that the question is kinda stupid but can anyone explain to me what the “AppWall” is? Is that a kind of advertising?
Thank you !

http://static.fe.airpush.com/theme_1/images/android-smartwall-mobile-ads.png

This is an appWall example from airpush. You can call the adwall function at any time in your app, e.g. after a round of the game or at the exit call.

The user has to aggree to terms and conditions that your app is allowed to do that, otherwise the app closes

@alecman Thank you for the reply. So basically, the AppWall is a list of advertisings of different apps and it is similar to exit-ads?

@alecman,
And since when to show the appWall requires user’s agreement?? Is this an airpush bonus? Because I did not face it with other adnetworks.
@claireclaire612,
not similar to exit-ads, the appWall is just a list of apps.

@ Daler
So user could not click or download the app from the AppWall?

OK I am not sure about the aggreement but you need it in airpush for homescreen icons and push ads

Of course players can click into the app and install it. as most appwalls are based on CPI while a few may also use CPC…

Also, lots of times, it’s based on incentive installs…which means users will get rewarded like free game coins by installing apps on the appwall…this get more installs but the users the app obtained may with bad retention rate…
If I was an advertiser, I will choose non incentive appwall to boost the installs for my apps.

But someone may just want to gain tons of players in a short time…he will choose incentive type …