Daily admob issues

Hey I started this thread because we could use it to ask other members about bugs we face, if they experience the same. Almost every week there are issues like wrongly-calculated clicks or sth like that.

Often people started new threads and so I did. I hope you guys think it’s a good idea to make a thread for all, I’d like to start with my problem today.

15 minutes ago, the revenue just dropped by 50%. I never had that before, but in general, the last 2 weeks my revenue dropped over the days. But within the same hour? That can’t be correct.

Is your revenue normal today?

Greetings, Alex

Mine dropped too just a while ago but it seems to be back to normal again.

Yep, now it’s back again. I just fear now, that one update-period just skipped >.<

Happened to me once,dropped like 50%…came back in half an hour…

Good idea for a thread! All reporting is fine on my end today. [LOVING the good ECPMs this month :)]

thanks A1ka1inE
You have good eCPMs this month? Since 1st of May, mine are dropped to 60% of it’s value.
At the end of the day, the reporting was normal again. Not good, but normal ^^

Yeah I’m averaging $0.65 with Admob at the moment. April was about $0.50 and all subsequent months prior to that this year were much lower.
I know some people get $1+ eCPM with Admob, but my traffic is from all over, so $0.65 is very solid for me.

Yeah I’ve noticed Admob only have reporting issues for Adsense back-fill data in general. They nearly always fix it in a day or two.

You mean that fill-rate improve with google ads? Yeah they often have a lag.

Well I think, this time whether even my requests (-20% since 7 days) are not displayed correctly or my app acutally loses interest of the users

@A1ka1inE - how is your CTR? 0.65 sound imposibble. :slight_smile:

I think that really depends of the ad type. For a banner with a refresh time of 30s sounds impossible. But not for an appwall or an intersticial ad

CTR is 1.16% average this month, with refresh on 45/50 seconds (some apps on 45s, some on 50s) over 775k impressions.

What eCPM you getting this month @Magnesus?

Yeah, but we are talking about admob here.

0.11 to 0.12 with abysmal 0.3 CTR on 60s refresh rate. :slight_smile: It’s like that since February. Yesterday I had great 0.13. I have more impressions though and moved some to other networks because of the eCPM at adMob.

Your numbers [eCPM & CTR] are slightly bigger than mine. I’ m getting $0.50 eCPM & 0.73 CTR with over 880k impressions this month.

Your numbers [eCPM & CTR] are slightly bigger than mine. I’ m getting $0.50 eCPM & 0.73 CTR with over 880k impressions this month.

That’s really strange that our numbers all vary so much.

What sort of geographical traffic are you guys getting? I’m getting a mix of U.S, EU and Asia with small amounts from other areas.
Where are your ads appearing? Mine are nearly all appearing on the bottom of the screen in Portrait mode (with some in landscape) at all times in mostly apps, with a few games.
I suppose the Niche affects it too. The bulk of my traffic comes from 2 different niches, with the rest being spread across games and unrelated apps.
It would be cool to see both of your factors (and anyone else’s) to see why the numbers vary so much. That can only help us all make the most revenue (it will apply across networks, not just Admob).

For the last 30 days I have $1.27 ecpm and 2.13% ctr with admob. Most of my apps have smartbanners at the top in portrait mode. Majority of my traffic is US, Germany and UK. 60 to 120 second refresh. Only about 300k impressions though.

That’s really interesting! I gave smart-banner a go, but couldn’t get them to work with mediation, so I reverted back.

You’re longer refresh time is giving your a higher eCPM and CTR naturally, but of course it takes longer to earn the revenue then. You do seem to be getting a better trade-off than me there though.
I might try increasing my refresh rate.

My ads are mostly at the bottom no matter the orientation (only in one app they are at the top, I will move it probably). But I have 0.3% CTR in admob while 1% in MMedia - with the same banner placement, so I suppose sth is wrong or double clicking rule in adMob is causing users to click less. My CPC is normal I think, only users click little in my games (maybe because they play them a long time). What is strange of course is that it changed after February (on Christmas and in January I had $0.50 CTR, before that about $0.30). And what is even more strange is that some of my smaller ads still have high eCPM - even though same are very similar card games with the same ad placement.

PS. I don’t use smart banners though - I might consider using them in menu and switching to normal banner in-game because most of my users are tablet and large phone users.

I got a wide range between .20 to .55 eCPM, my ctr is between 1 and 1.5. Most of my users are russians and americans but the “boom” in these countries stopped. I am happy, anyway if my requests were more stable, today I get 50% of the amount I got yesterday :confused:

Is your eCPM normal today? I got $0.02 0o