Native Ads

Does anyone have hard numbers on native ad vs banner vs interstitial?

I am considering getting into native vs interstitial, seems like that might improve retention rates… and would love to see some concrete numbers instead of “3x-5x eCPM better than banner” marketing jibber jabber.

Also, it would be nice to know if there are any native ad networks, that offer payment schedules closer to NET15 than the average NET60

Here is a list of native ad networks I came by so far:
mobfox - NET60
mopub - NET60
inmobi - NET60

Yes , I’ve tried them for a month and some weeks now with startapp and I must say that they are pretty good even though startapp is going down on ecpm. First I was using only splash interstitial and now I’m using both (splash and native) and the result is that I doubled my income :slight_smile: . Here are 2 of my apps . You can see the income from splash and from native that are almost the same . Anyway I’ve tried also native ads on one of my games and the result was ridiculous … with almost 0.5 ecpm . I think I must learn some more tricks on how to implement them softly with the context. In conclusion I can say that they was a big discovery for me. Here is the picture for the two apps

. On the second app I show them with higher frequency (double) because of the app structure and that’s why the ecpm is the 50% of the other app

Avocarrot is a fast-growing native ad network that matches your requirements and which offers monthly NET30 payments. The Facebook Audience Network also offers their own version of native ads but not quite sure about their payment terms.

Hard numbers from Avocarrot’s network show that in terms of CTR right now:
interstitials (3-7%) > in-stream ads (2-5%) >> banner ads(<0.5%)*

We’ve seen quite a few cases were good implementations of native ads have outperformed performance of interstitial implementations, although when talking in terms of averages, native ads are currently behind interstitials (especially incentivized video interstitials).

Having said that, the biggest benefit of native ads is that they allow you to monetize a new ad inventory within your app and you can make additional revenue on top of what you are making already. With good implementations, the equation really becomes:
app revenue = interstitials revenue + native ads revenue

Happy to provide more details if you need them and you can always obtain the hard numbers for your own app by trying the custom native ads: http://www.avocarrot.com

*NOTE: Avocarrot does NOT offer banner ads (they suck) but CTR performance data is widely known for this particular ad format.

StartApp also offer native ads and it is NET30

Hey @toxic,

Appnext has native ads and we pay net 10.
As for data, it’s very hard to give solid numbers simply because native ads are so different from on app to another. It’s not an interstitial you can compare to another interstitial. But it does do great service to retention, keeps your users much happier and allows you more space to put more ads without being intrusive.

PM or email me for more details.