Video Ad Network for Android

Hi,
I am developing a simple android game. I plan to award coins to players in exchange for watching video ad in my game. Currently I am testing Vungle. But i recently heard about Adcolony.
Can anyone please help me decide on the adnetwork to choose.

The video ad will be shown only when the player clicks on “Free Coins” button. I am happy with Vungle’s UX. Haven’t tested adcolony yet.

Please advice
Thanks

@aqsaldan TapIt! by Phunware offers video ads and has a great online platform to manage your mobile advertising - check it out here. TapIt is also offering free SDKs for alerts, notifications and analytics if you are interested in those in addition to advertising. If you have any questions, feel free to direct message me and I can provide you with more information.

Adcolony is the best.

Yea pretty much AdColony all the way.

Hi guys, could somebody tell me if AdColony can display video ads in all territories ? Or maybe only US / Europe?
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Yes AdColony can display video ads in all territories.

anybody seen plants vs zombies 2 in android? I’m wondering what video ad network they’re using to reward coins after watching. is it adcolony?

just click on the ad and it will go to web browser for tracking and you can see ad network url.

It doesn’t open any browser. It directs to the Google play

Thanks for your help. Another question:
When do the developper gets money with AdColony? When a user starts watching the video? When a user watches a video entirely?
Thanks

I came across similar questions when i downloaded adcolony SDK.

They have demo projects explaining very clearly about integration. I ran one of their demo projects,video ads are loading very fast. Almost in double time of the interstitial ads.

Made following observations:-

1. ads can not be closed. Have to watch full video ad which may go upto 15 seconds max.

2. there is no clicking option on the video ads. So i assume watching full video ad must generate revenue.

3. VUNGLE an another video ad network provides Cancel option on their video ads. Might be good alternate on adcolony.

Q.
Can we replace interstitial ads with video ads provided if app shows interstitial ad only once? this way there will be guarrented revenue than interstitial ads which need clicks.

Vungle is the best fillrate, 99.99%, I think so

Thanks gcc for your answer.
I am afraid forcing users to watch video entirely can be frustrating and lead to uninstall & bad comments, but that’s just my opinion and I have no experience with it. Or maybe if you place the video ad very carefuly when user is really ok to spend 15 sec of his time, that could work.
I didn’t get your question though! Could you rephrase? From what I understood you could do that in code : checking that the video ad was displayed first, then only show interstitial.

My question is:
Sometime we show interstitial ads on App exit.Nature and usage type of the App does not allow showing full screen ads during the session.

So i was asking if such Apps can play video ads in place of Full ads on App exit which will make sure the revenue.

I mean only Banners during session and video ad on exit?

is that a good idea without compromizing uninstalls and angry users?

Bad news is that both Vungle and Adcolony are net60.
Also remember that their incentive based video ads are different from normal video ads.

Hello Gcc.
Here is my opinion on your question:
I would not do it because showing an ad on exit is already border line from the user point of view, most of them don’t understand where it comes from and what’s going on. When it is an interstitial, they would easily close it and move on. If it is a unskippable video ad, I would be concerned they would get very frustrated and either directly unsinstall the app and /or go to the store to write an assassin comment.
More generally, an unskippable 15sec video is a huge pain for the user (think about video ads at the beggining of a youtube video, so annoying, and you can skip them), so I would only display it for a lot of value in my app. (for example, unlock exclusive content if you watch the video)
But this is just my opinion and I have no app that is doing it.

Pardon my ignorance but what does net60 mean?

August month earnings will be paid on 1st October

I would better show two interstitial (from two different ad networks) than a video ad on exit of app.

I have vungle implemented in some apps, see results for one app below

VIEWS CPM REVENUE
100 $5.17 $0.62
180 $0.51 $0.11
261 $8.69 $2.54
231 $9.22 $2.42
159 $4.03 $0.75
150 $4.23 $0.73
167 $6.29 $1.23