Updated Apps for 01-August?

At-Last I completed updation of Apps and included Latest SDKs in my Apps. Why google make developers life so hard? :mad:

Hello friends have you updated apps? How many Apps you updated?

I have updated 30% of my apps but it turns out some still have SDKs that use old ANDROID_ID since I missed the fact that they weren’t updated by the company that made them. So I think in my case it’s 0%. :frowning:

But is it really necessary to update all apps ? Or this policy change concerns only apps realesed/updated after 1st August ? :confused:

OOhh soo sad. Removing those should take much extra time.

If you want to make your account safe you should update. else best of luck.

They dont force you do all that, only new apps and apps with new update upload after 1st Aug, If your app is final version already, you dont have to.

Who knows how Google bots enforcing this rule, I will just update all my apps as well. Not very much of works, but it may take a day.

I already updated some games which are earning most. Probably will update some more before 1 aug. And rest of them as soon as possible. I wouldn’t be surprised if google would announce in two months, that they will be removing apps which don’t used AD ID.

They won’t do that, for the same reason it will only be new and updated apps from Aug. Tons of traffic goes through Admob from sources that haven’t been updated in a long time.

It makes sense for Google to move things forward, but it doesn’t make sense for them to cut out a ton of traffic. Its likely that they will never enforce this rule on non-updated apps.

Hey can anyone please help me understand what is this advertising ID ? and do my apps which already exist on play store need it ? or only the apps which will be published on/after 1st august need to include Advertising ID ? Thank you :slight_smile:

[HR][/HR]

1) MOBVISTA - 100% fill rate 10$ eCPM Weekly Payments JOIN NOW !!!
2) New Arcade game Lousy Bird very addictive play now !

The purpose of advertising id is that user be able to disable all ads of all ad companies from device settings so that all ads based apps become completely free for the user. So its a single id assigned to every user which is used by all ad networks. Hence the need to update apps. However u can continue using same app version without ad id sdk’s unless u wish to update apps.

How about this:

Once the new policy is active, apps using a persistent ID other than the advertising ID may receive a policy violation warning via the publisher site or the email address used to register the account.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6048248

If you want in one sentence to state what is Advertising ID, it’s the cookie for mobile! Have in mind that user does not disable ads. He can erase tracking history of his behaviour for future ads. Therefore he will still receive ads, but these ads will not use prior collected data to target him. (opt-out from interest-based ads)

Thanks for making it more clear. Yes I was wrong in the interpretation of interest based ads

Haha, Google would never proactively let people disable ads :wink: