AdMob video ads

Has anyone used AdMob video ads?

Today when adding a new ad on AdMob, it has 3 check boxes: text, graphics and video. Have you seen this? This is new on my AdMob account.

Is it worth it?

They started running video ads a while ago (a few months I think?). I wasn’t aware of those boxes, but obviously we can now select between the three.

I would imagine that ticking all 3 is the best idea, since Admob will automatically decide which type to show based on certain factors.

I suppose you use up less bandwidth and have lower loading times with text and even graphics interstitials, but since you preload Admob interstitials you shouldn’t have issues with video ads in comparison.

If you know your users have low bandwidth levels or something like that then it could be an idea to not tick higher bandwidth interstitial types I guess. I can’t see any other reason though.

On my apps I have never seen any videos, and since today I say those 3 new check boxes I was wondering if something has changed.

I will sure leave it all active for my interstitials. But I was also wondering using just video and give something in return for the users who watch the video.

But on AdMob videos I’m not sure if the user has to click or just watch, so I can earn my 5 cents.

When video interstitials started to serve, user had to click play to watch the video, but recently I noticed videos auto play in my apps…
I tried to uncheck text ads once, so I only have image & video, But revenue dropped… I was trying to get higher ecpm…