Newbie help please with adverts for our apps.

Hi Folks,

We have paid a professional company to build our app for Android and IOS. There is no other app like it on either platform. Mass marketing is not a problem for us and we are confident that we will get many users.

The apps are free with adverts or paid to remove. The company we have paid a lot of money said they have no clue about adverts, which they are now telling us after we have paid most of the money, so it is down to us to research. We are not technically minded, we just had a great idea.

Personally I did not want any ads but from research it seems it is the way forward.

The company plans to add just banner ads that pay when clicked on only.

My question is about the type of adverts for us.

From what I have read, there are adverts that pay for the amount of users and how long they spend on the app. Our users will spend quite a lot of time using the app as it is that type of app, you needs to spend time on using it for the info they need from it.

Can anyone tell me please what this type of advert is called or if it even exists?

Any other suggestions please on adverts that create revenue apart from having to click on an advert to create revenue. I know from my own usage that I never click on adverts.

Thank you folks for any help. :slight_smile:

Peter

Hello @Peterpoose. If your app has long sessions as you described, Pollfish maybe the ideal solution for you along with any other ad format you will choose. Pollfish provides an alternative form of monetization that pays minimum $0.30 for each completed survey through your app with minimal intrusion and it lives well with all other networks! If you need more info, just send me a message I will be happy to help :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

Although a great alternative for some apps, this wouldnt be for us. Our customer base will want to spend time searching and using the app itself, they will not want to spend even more time filling out surveys.

Thank you anyhows :slight_smile:

No problem @Peterpoose :slight_smile: Have in mind though that the behaviour expected in your apps as you describe it is the profile of apps with high completion rates on Pollfish platform. Do not assume what users want, test get feedback and revise. All the best to your business :slight_smile:

Any other suggestions please?

I’m using adtomatik for the last two months ago and got very good results, higher fill rates and best ecpm than others ad networks

Hi,

There are som nay good options out there, to monetize you apps. With a type of app you describe, you have to be careful finding the right balance - not being too intrusive so users will simply remove your app, but still finding the right time and place to put enough ads to make your users engage with the ads and/or swtiching to the ad-free version.

So, the main key for you is testing.

As for ads - go with a combination of interstitials and banners. banners tend to be more intrusive, simply because they appear more. For interstitilas I definitely recomend appnext.

One last tip - once you found the right location for the ads - rotate the ads between 2-3 ad suppliers to test them out and figure out whose generating the higherst eCPM for you.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer mate, much appreciated :slight_smile:

We were thinking to have banner ads but is there a way to get paid for time spent on the app looking at them rather than clicking?

We are also thinking about interstitial ad before they exit the app, is this possible?

We also thought about push ads that go to the notification bar.

Lastly we were thinking of an offer wall advert at the start after the loading screen just before they enter the app.

Do you think this is too many ads?

Thanks

Answers in red :slight_smile:

Many thanks for taking the time to answer these for me :slight_smile:

I would recommend using interstitial on launch + on exit + banner. If you think that’s too much, use any two of them. Please see my signature for the recommended ad networks. Other than those, I would suggest appnext and admob.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Startapp is the best option for app monetization…It has best ecpm for Launching Splash , Interstitial and Exit Adds…For Banners the best ad network is Admob.You can use below referrel link for Startapp

StartApp - Developer Register

This is what were thinking, thank you :slight_smile:

Then use my referral link…you will get some bonus and i get huge bonus…:slight_smile:

Thanks but I am not technically minded at all, so the company building this for us will implement them, I will recommend of course :slight_smile:

If only banners then use only and only admob. Don’t listen to anyone if you want save your app and business.

If you are also interested in other ads units use StartApp.

If you are interested in video ads then use adcolony.

these all ads networks are trusted and pay well.

I’d suggest go with AdMobs :slight_smile:

If you consider monetizing apps with native ad formats and want to have expert advice on ad placement, choose Epom Apps. If you want to monetize app in a non-standard way, consider monetizing non-personal data with Apprgow or tutela

Hey! Have you thought of data monetization? If your app has over 20-30k of MAU you can add data monetization SDK to your app and increase your earnings.

If you do it with companies like AppGrow it’s 100% safe and GDPR compliant.

You can read more information about data monetization and how it works here —>Why data monetization should be in your 2019 app monetization strategy?

Good luck!