any one could help me with AdMob ( some beginners questions )

Hi All !
well i’m new to AdMob ! and i have plenty of things that aren’t clear yet for me !
i hope you could help me

1. well about the RPM ( if i’m right it’s the amount of money you get for 1K impressions ): let’s say my RPM is 1$ and i have 25000 Impressions and let’s say i have 100 click ( for example i get 2 $ for these 100 clicks ) so my total revenue will be like so ? : 25*1 + 2 so does 27$ ?

2. Banners or Interstitial ? and why ? does AdMob pay more for the Interstitial ?

3. could someone explain me the mediation system, honestly i have to single idea how this stuff works …

4. how can the mediation system increase my revenue

5. should i make some settings in my account ( like editing the mediation or smthng ) ?

6. well i published a simple app like 6 months ago and it has 85K downloads about 200 - 300 downloads per day but when i heard about AdMob i decided to work on an update that has some ads
    is it enough to get a revenue of 10-20$ per day ?

7. when do they update the monetize stuff for the new day ? i mean the nuber of imressions how many clicks you get today etc …

i know that many of these are noob questions but believe me today is my 2nd day in AdMob

and thank you all :slight_smile:

guys ? :s i need some attention here !

No Idea

Interstitials are paid better than banners. Banners can be shown throughout the entire session of the app/game. Interstitial is shown on some specific situation. it can not be shown very frequently to abuse the user.

3/4/5.
Mediation is the kind of polling between among networks to choose the ads based on some specific geo location or time.
To enable mediation you need to make changes in your app code. Register all the network ids to one mediation id and mention this mediaton id in your ad unit.

once mediation is configured,you can choose the desired network from web control without updating the app.

No straight caculation that what is enuf to get 10-20$. it varies with app type and usage.

Rest help yourself digging deep in net and burn some midnight oil to get all the answers the way u want.

hope it helps.

Well thank you for your reply and your time ! :slight_smile:
how can these mediation increase my revenue ?

Regards,

There is no direct relation between revenue increase and mediation.

its something like there are different ad networks. few does good in morning and few does good in evening. few of them does good in US and others does well in Germany.

You can switch between them based on the revenue observation.

You need not to integrate the ad networks SDK because mediation will take care of that.

so revenue comes based on the wise decision as per your app users location and choosed ad network.

it needs lots of analysis. hope it helps.

1. RPM is about how much you are making per 1k impressions. It it just a statistic, there is no bonus for getting 1k impressions. You ONLY get paid for clicks.

2. Use both depending on your app. Interstitials pay more. You can show banners as much as you want as long as it doesn’t block anything. But do not show interstials more often than every few minutes. They will take over the user’s entire screen until they exit.

3. Mediation isn’t that useful unless you make more than $50/day. It mixes different ad networks’ banners and interstitials. The user will not notice a difference if you use mediation, only your stats will be different. The only way to know for sure which ad networks to use mediation for (if you even use it at all) is to experiment. Every app is different.

4. It will not drastically increase your revenue. If another ad network has a promotion going on to use their ad network, you might consider using mediation. Some ad networks are better at targeting certain groups of people, and the ads can function a little differently or pay a tiny bit more/less.

5. If your making money, I wouldn’t touch any settings. The only setting you will have to touch is billing information once you make your first $10.

6. With those numbers you could expect $1-$20 per day. It depends on alot of things, so without more info it is impossible for me to tell. It could vary depending on the country each download is from, how long users stay in the app, what kind of ads you have in your app, whether it is a game, whether people come back to it, people bidding on ads, etc.

7. I find that clicks are delayed 15-60 mins. This is because Google checks for false clicks and stuff. If you click the “today” tab you can see your stats so far today.

I should also note you need to take out a minimum of $100 from Admob every withdrawal. Your estimated earning are NOT finalized until the end of each month, where Google does a final check of each ad click you’ve earned. After this the earnings become finalized and you are free to withdraw from your balance (Assuming you wiithdraw at least $100).

Hope this helped!

so should i keep the default settings for the moment ?

Well thank you too !

1. i think you get paid for the impressions too i read alot , and i think they pay youu for these impressions too , if not why they have to put these stats and numbers

2.well it’s a bit clear for the mediation thank you ! i will keep these default settings for it !

1. for the app , it’s a game , a tic tac toe game on the Windows Phone store and about the countries 65K of these downloads are from Mexico !

and this is a screenshot for my account

A34.png