Amazon Interstitials new promotion

As part of the Fire Phone launch campaign, they are guaranteeing a $6 eCPM interstitials for new integrations for August and September.

Only for the first 1 million impressions, tho, so at most you’ll make $6k per month at this elevated eCPM. Nevertheless, great eCPM, worth sharing here. Keep in mind that it’s for NEW integrations only, so if your app is already integrated with Amazon Ads (which is my case), you won’t benefit from this.

More info:

https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/interstitialpromo

Is Amazon ads working for Google Play Store?

What numbers are you getting?

Thanks, :wink:

Yes, the ads work on any Android device. Think of Amazon Ads as any other ads discussed here (AdMob, Millenial Media, mobileCore, whatever). BUT you need to have the app released on Amazon store to be able to run ads for it (the ID you use for the ads SDK is your app ID on the Amazon App Store).

Regarding the numbers, it’s pretty good, I get around $4.50 eCPM for Interstitials. The problem is the fill rate, they only have campaigns on US I think. My fill rate is 3% on average, so I guess it’s close to 100% on US and close to 0% on the rest of the world. But they are gradually increasing the countries, as they did with the banners.

Best

Rottz is 100% correct, U.S. only, the way to get around the app being in Amazon is just setup one app in Amazon and use that id for all apps you release on gp. This most likely violates their terms but I have never had my hand slapped for it!

so, you don’t actually have to publish it on Amazon, right? Because, very often they reject the app. So if it works, then nice )

Yeah you can use any app id, old or new!

Just to clarify if you can mediate these ads for U.S. delivery only it would be to your benefit, my ecpm over a full year using banners $1.14, that’s pretty dang good for banners but this is only for 17000 impressions and during that time there was over 300,000 requests, total waste of traffic but whatever

Yeah, their fill rate for banners isn’t great also (I get around 30-40% worldwide I think), but the eCPM is good and of course you need to set some kind of mediation, to call AdMob or something else in case Amazon doesnt fulfill your ad request.

Regarding the need of releasing the app on Amazon or not, I don’t recommend any sneaky approach of sharing ids across apps (you’re free to try, tho), so just to be clear, the “correct” approach is:

• Create the app on the Amazon App Store (dont need to submit yet)
  • Get the generated ID and put on your ad request code
  • Test your app and ad integration
  • Submit the app to Amazon
  • If app is approved, great, feel free to use that ID for ads, and submit the app on Google Play
  • If app is NOT approved, I would recommend to not use the Amazon Ads integration for that specific app, as they might block the requests anytime (just a guess, I dont know their exact rules), or simply refuse to pay for the impressions later

But I have NEVER had an app rejected on Amazon, they do have an approval process but it’s very light.

Best

To not have an app rejected by Amazon make sure it:

• works,
  • has all links pointing to Amazon AppStore.
    That is about it.

$6 EPCM is an excellent rate. I think this will make Amazon more popular with developers , its a bold move. I wonder what the companies are paying to post those new AD’s ?

Yea, never had any problems with Amazon, get approved within hours. Awesome operation over there.

Sounds good, but does Amazon use the Android Advertising ID?
If not, it doesn’t make much sense submitting an App with Amazon Ads to the Google Play Store.
The Amazon promotion starts at the same time when Google say they will reject apps which do not use the Advertising ID.

Any thoughts?

Amazon will have new SDK soon that supports Advertising ID. I suppose I will wait for it before updating all my apps then: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3609&tstart=0