Request RPM Problem

Hello My friend, I’m new android developer,
I want to ask you if anyone can help me to increase my request rpm,
I have this month 5691 000 impressions but still request rpm is so far, ANY Help Please?

Congrats on that average session length! Am I correct to assume you are only showing banners? Is this an app or a game?

That RPM is incredibly low in any case. What sort of geos is your traffic coming from?
Some low tier geos have low RPMs, although not usually as low as you are seeing there.

It could also be down to your refresh rate. If you are refreshing at 30-40 seconds, try increasing it to 50-60 seconds. You will lose impressions, but you should get higher CTR. That may bring up your total earnings.

You may just have a very engaging app/game, which seems to be the case judging by your long session length.

You may have to start using interstitial ads, which will draw the user’s attention much more as they are full screen. Try placing one at a natural break in the app, or at exit (before the app actually closes though!).

thank you :),
but I am from middle east and my app target Middle east, my refreshing ad is every 60 sec I have mor than 35 000 clicks but 500 Euro is very low woth this clicks any help ? :slight_smile: i attached for you an example from today, its normal ?

It looks like its mainly your CTR that is reducing your RPM. I average over 1% in most of my app’s banners with Admob with 60 sec refresh, but I have a large array of different geo traffic.

Its either that your app engages your users so much that they don’t want to click on ads or just don’t notice them, or the campaigns for Middle East aren’t very appealing and aren’t enticing users to click on the ads.
It could be a combination of the two.

Are you using SMART_BANNER or BANNER?

sorry about that, Can you tell me the difference between smart banners and banners and how can i put it in my app ?

BANNER is set to 320x50 (I think), while SMART_BANNER adjusts it’s size accordingly to fit to the width of the screen, as well as dynamically adjusting the height too.

SMART_BANNER can give a better overall RPM as you’d expect, but you can’t use mediation with it.

If you are using Admob programmatically then in your main activity you define it like this: AdView adView = new AdView(this, AdSize.SMART_BANNER, “yourAdID”);
To just use the normal BANNER just swtich SMART_BANNER with BANNER.

In xml you change the line ads:adSize=“BANNER”
to either BANNER or SMART_BANNER

Another problem is that your CPC is very low and that’s probably because of your users’ location. CPC from the picture you posted afterwords is 2.20 euro cents, and the problem is - you cannot increase that (in my opinion, there is no way). So, I would say, try to increase your impressions, and use SmartBanners as Alkaline suggested to increase your CTR.