Leadbolt vs Airpush notification ads

Which is better and why?
Airpush is having some problems with many people complaining about dropped ecpm.
I do not know why but after integrating my app with leadbolt sdk my app crashes after clicking on ok in EULA.After that if application is opened it opens fine but I can’t find no problems as I have done everything that they asked for in their SDK documentation and I am getting no reply from them.

Leadbolt is CPA so no money for viewing the ad or even clicking on it whereas I think Airpush gives you money for that.

eCPM on Airpush is still higher then LB…The problem with air-push is, They have sticky fingers I think …Why? They screw and change people’s stats, I mean they brag about being #2 so much but have such a unrealiable platform, it’s actually laughable, it’d be like Google bragging about being #1 but it taking 40 seconds to load any search queries, then when they do load, you search the same query again and the results are different, It’s the same shit with airpush,

I wouldn’t mind if they had to “Fix” stats, but the fact that they actually shave the stats to make the eCPM look good is flat out pathetic and a joke. Real talk, If ANY of these ad networks existed in the affiliate industry they’d be so far broke they wouldn’t be able to eat, because NO affiliate would put up with this horse shit that goes on with these stupid ad networks.

End of the day, almost ALL mobile ad network’s are a joke … The fact that almost NONE of them can keep the shit together is funny, I mean seriously guy’s…your multi million dollar companies, and you can’t even get tracking right or payout terms right? (For some of those network’s that pay net-30 or whatever that bullcrap is) The fact they can get away with the horse shit they do is insulting and I’m surprised the FTC hasn’t investigated it yet because it’s practically fraud. I mean At least airpush pay’s weekly and all, but let’s get real guy’s we’re dealing with REAL WORLD MONEY…Not Space Dollars…Sorry for the rant…

I’ll end it with this, I hope none of these ad networks never ever attempt to try their hands in affiliate marketing, because they’ll be closing their doors just as fast as they opened them.

But…even though there is a lot of BS with Airpush, I’d still suggest them over LB.

The best way is to use both, becouse they have different advertisers.
LeadBolt have ads with aps/game from Google Play.
AirPush have most of ads for paid SMS, or for download apps which do not appear in google play.

If you stack SDKs with Airpush(Use other ad networks to serve icon/push ads as well as them on said app) then they don’t pay you weekly, but net30 like many others. Just something to consider.

Are you another Airpush impersonation DiscoInferno ? LB is not the holy grial, but for sure their platform is much better designed than that of Airpush. The only advantage over LB was the CPM but now it sucks.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to inform you that we do not shave or alter our numbers whatsoever. A week ago we encountered a portal issue that was causing inaccurate figures to be registered on the developer’s dashboard. This has now been fixed and accurate figures are now shown for those days. I apologize for the inconvenience that this caused. If there is an issue that affects developer’s earnings they are always reimbursed. Like any network out there, technical issues and problems happen. No Network is perfect. We try to resolve the issue as soon as possible to minimize the inconvenience to our developers and advertisers.

Cheers,

Hey Phil,

I record my end of day revenue into a spread sheet every single day at the end of the day. After reading your post above I went back and looked at my numbers. You were right, they have been updated but are now showing $10-$15 LESS per day than when I recorded the entry. This should be illegal…it actually probably is illegal now that I think about it.

pwndroid,

Can you PM me your info I would like to take a look into your account. If you want to share your spreadsheet that would also be helpful.

Thanks

Also, I just glanced over the terms of service that I agreed to as a publisher to see what I already knew…which is that AP can pay us whatever % of net revenue they want to pay us, which is fine and what we all agreed to. But then I keep reading and this sentence sticks out:

Under Section 6 “Publisher Payment Terms.”

#2 “Publisher Payment Terms.”
“The percentage of net income shall be payable on the first and fifteenth of every month on all balances which exceed ($40) forty dollars.” ( Airpush - Mobile Ad Network | Push Notification Ad Network | Android App Monetization )

I’m no lawyer, but that sounds like to me that money earned by a developer (referred to as “percentage of net income” from advertisers) should be paid out to publishers (developers) on the 1st and 15th of every month. Yet, many developers have been moved to Net 30. Could you please clarify?

Oh really? Then why am I doing 50k+ installs a day (Hell I did 200k+ installs in 1 day 2 weeks ago and my income didn’t even budge) and my INCOME IS ACTUALLY DROPPING??? Every day my ECPM drops LOWER and LOWER, For someone who has MOSTLY USA/UK/CA traffic, (Some of the highest bidding countries on airpush for advertisers) I’m sure being screwed on eCPM, while my other friends with ALOT of INTL traffic, have high eCPMs…So tell me, When I’m doing 50k+ installs a day, you’d think my income would be going up right? Nope…Been dropping steady for the last 2 weeks, It stopped growing.

Almost 3 million total installs on airpush now in the last 1.5 months and my income is falling…Right…things are great…Right.

So let me guess, I’ll do 30million + installs in the next few months and my income will be down to $50 a day by then right? Because at this rate, that’s how it seems it’ll be like.

It’s not like Airpush isn’t taking my traffic…I’m getting A LOT of ad requests but low fill rate and low eCPM, it’s like airpush has blocked me from making more…I mean c’mon guy’s…I should be doing $1k++ a day right now and every day my ECPM drops…do you guy’s not want me to make $1k+ a day?

And Phil…you guy’s do alter stats (or whatever you guys want to call it)…you guy’s shave the stats so I have a higher eCPM…Do you really want me to post a screen shot of my reports tab…I mean c’mon…Lol…Some days I have over a million ad requests and like 25k impressions but I have $23 eCPM…I mean c’mon Phil…Don’t play that game…I’m not trying to be a prick but let’s be real, that’s stats shaving to me, because you know how I know? it was normal before, then the next day it’s all changed. I’ve been in this industry for 5+ years…I’ve been through more bullshit then most will ever see online, Networks can’t pull a fast one over me, I’m not some idiot who’s only made a few grand online.

Honestly I wouldn’t give 2 shits if you guy’s screwed with the stats…BUT when I’m doing 50k+ installs a day and my income is actually dropping…Something is up, and it isn’t my “Apps” …my apps are perfectly fine, my users aren’t from outter space, they are English speaking human beings, so there’s NO reason why my eCPM should be constantly dropping, especially when airpush makes advertisers pay through the ass for clicks and I’m sure if you looked into my airpush advertiser account, you’d see how much the clicks cost.

http://i.imgur.com/ZEmWpC0.png - This week.

http://i.imgur.com/2ZGlHte.png - Last week

I guess in about 2-3 days…All my ECPMs will be $20+ like usual, cause you guys will go in and screw with the stats…but reality is my income still isn’t moving up…just because you make my ecpm look good, doesn’t make me happy, and I’m not the only person you guy’s do this to, and this was going on before last weeks issue.

P.S. this is nothing personal against you Phil, don’t take it the wrong way, this is business, it’s not your fault at all, it’s airpush’s.

Also…Phil…I have to add about your remark as no network is perfect, your right, But, no network also has as many issues as airpush does, Whens the last time leadbolt went down or stats were off? I can’t remember, Mundomedia a cpa company that does a million or so $ a week (Yes they are that big)…Never had a stats issue…Out of the 5 years I’ve been online, maybe 2-5 have had stats issues, but airpush is the FIRST to ever have stat issues all the time like they do.

Looks like they finally capped you my friend! Remember me telling you about this on Skype when you first started with Airpush? It’s bullshit, I know first hand!

One thing I can recommend to you however. What you can do is migrate your biggest apps OFF of airpush and onto Leadbolt and/or SendDroid. Your installs at airpush will start to fall but it doesn’t matter, they have you capped any way and you will make the same amount of money. You could probably drop your installs down to 10k/day (which is what I have done) and your revenue will remain constant. Trust me.

Also, you can set your push to only 1 push/day instead of 2 or 3/day. Your income will again remain the same. Like I said, they have a false ceiling that you cannot get over, no matter what you do.

So, the best thing to do is take your business elsewhere and take what little they will give you.

Here is a new alternative to Airpush, SendDroid, Leadbolt and Startapp:

Make Money with Android Apps: AppBucks Push and Icon Ads - Alternative to Airpush, Leadbolt, SendDroid and StartApp

AppBucks :: DeveloperSignup (referral link) is still new, and honestly unproven just yet. Since people are getting enough crap from the other networks, no harm in trying another network out (LOL! and get even more frustrated? I hope not!)

Cheers!
-Bill

Cool! Might try them out in one of my apps. I like that they pay either net 7 or monthly (it looks like they actually pay you for said month at the end of said month!).
Will post back after I have data.

Think you might be mistaken about the net-30 there. I believe they are like airpush, revenues of january paid at end of february…

Cheers!

What is the revenue per Icon Ad icon update with AppBucks ?

This seems to solve the stagnation problem with StartApp - if AppBucks is able to download a new icon.

Though the overall model is similar - in that StartApp is still able to monetize since they can show different apps if user clicks on Icon on home screen.

The only difference is that AppBucks can probably change the icon, while StartApp is static.

With push notifications - what type of conversion ratio are folks seeing (i.e. people who accept the push ad EULA ?).

Of those should one then take Active User Base and multiply by 1 or 2 impressions per day - and that gives you the revenue per day.

I’m currently at $5.51 eCPM for the icon ads. Current settings on their dashboard sends out an icon twice a week, nothing shorter than that.

Besides startapp’s static icon, appbucks actually sends out different icons that point to different apps.

No idea on my side about the conversion ratio of push ads, but I believe it would be similar with other opt-in ad types, at around 70 - 80% range.

As for your calculation assumption, there are other factors you will need to add in, like the location of the user (better ecpm for US compared to Somalia) and the ad campaigns that are currently running. Plus what if a certain number of the users use wifi for internet, and turn it off when they are not using it? Lots of factors which ae in the unknown to calculate accurately I’m afraid.

Are you sure? I suppose the wording of it can be taken either way :confused: Can you confirm it’s like the other network’s net30 or haven’t you used them for long enough yet?
Untitled-1.jpg

I see you have to request more info about the weekly cycle. Any info you have about that? :slight_smile:

Think I’m going to trial them in one of my smaller apps, then if the figures look good etc I’ll try them in one of my most popular ones.

Well, you’re right, I have not used them long enough yet. But my understanding on net-30 from other networks is that, this month’s earning you get at end of next month. It would surely be nice for me to be wrong on this, and you to be right :smiley:

I have no info on the weeklies so far as I’ve not quite reached that stage, plus I am really fine with net-30 too.

Great idea on trying out with a smaller app first. See how it works… and wish you a good performance on this.

After a read through of the T&Cs I’d say you’re right lol. Payouts depend on exceeding $100 for the given timeframe (it looks like weeklies need $100 for payout and likewise for net30), which is fine by me.
Thanks for the info and I wish you good performance too :slight_smile:

bill1979 and others - thanks.