4 NEW/Or not Add network

Did someone hear about those advertising site, or use it?

1. SellAring. When you call to somebody, before you hear the 1 signall, you hear ads…
    Cell Phone Advertisements | Mobile Advertisements | SellAring.com - demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sellaring.demo

2. PingJam - pingjam Don’t know how it’s works… But they pay for installs:

1. MobGold - MobGold - Mobile Advertising Network | Advertise Mobile Ads | Monetize Mobile Traffic and Mobile Apps - push notyfications.

2. MoolahMedia - Moolah-Media - Push.

Here’s one person’s experience with SellAring: http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/98-making-money-audio-ads-apps.html

I checked out sellaring. Pretty ingenious, wonder if that’s allowed though.

I’m actually really curious about all of them, but I’m too lazy to try them out.

Quick search on MobGold rates brought this up Fraudulent Mobile Ad Network Mobgold Closes Permanently ? But They Don?t Want You To Know | IMGrind.com

Sellaring had ceased operation end of 2012… don’t waste your time with them.

OK, thanks for informations.

Anyone know’s something about PingJam and MoolahMedia ?

MoolahMedia? Don’t waste time, they sended mailing to users with…all developers mails. Couple times. They also told me that they are moving out from android soon.

I know, but account manager from Airpush did the same thing, but only for me and 6 other developer. :slight_smile:

OK, anyone seen this?

“You’ll get the 0.05USD rate for new users, and for old users who update.”.

I’m in touch with Pingjam. Will check it out and let you all know :slight_smile:

Rox have you got their SDK yet? I like the look of everything on their site, but not sure whether to proceed?
They say they pay monthly, but is that on a net30 etc basis?

I have their SDK. Not sure about specifics of pay terms yet. Supposed to have a chat with a rep in the coming days. Looked at their PDF, seemed pretty clear about implementation. It’s some sort of caller ID ad unit, but that much we all knew from the screenshot in the OP’s post.

They have got back to me with me signup request and so I think I’ll go through and get the SDK too.
Here’s a quote from the message:

"We provide developers with an sdk that operates a caller ID service for your users. Once the user opts-in to activate the service we present the name for businesses that call the user. Once in a while, when a user calls a business that works with us - we present a sponsored caller ID message.

We pay for every active install in our target markets and our system does not replace any of your existing revenue systems. This means that you get to keep whatever you are currently making with other ad networks and earn additional income with us."

It looks like the user gets called by their advertisers…So we would be selling the user’s data to them I think. I will still get the SDK and see what it looks like!

Hi guys,

My name is Elnor and I am CEO of Pingjam. I was just refered to this page and would love to provide answers to your questions.
First thing I would like to share is that we are like you - we are android developers that started out last year trying to build an app/service in the contact management space and at some point realized that there was a much more interesting business in taking the technology we developed and turning it into a monetization tool for our developer friends.

Now to the service -
We provide a caller ID service to your users. This means that when your user receives a phone call from a business that we have in our database - we will write the name of that business on their screen. We do this for outgoing calls too. We also provide relevant ads in context of specific calls. To clarify - relevance is very important for us. We will not show an ad unless it’s within context of the call. This is why we will not present ads when a user makes a private call. This is also why you will see a lot of cases where the user gets the caller ID service without an ad. It’s a win for everyone - users get a useful service, they aren’t bombarded with ads and when they get an ad they know that it’s somehow relevant to the call so they are more receptive to it. As an example - a user that calls a pizza shop may see a text banner coupon for $2 chicken wings from that specific pizzeria or a promotion from a different pizzeria.

from a privacy perspective, Pingjam does not access any of the user’s data at all. We don’t know the first thing about your users and we make sure to keep it that way. The only information we take is the incoming and outgoing call data and the browsing activity that the users do after they click on one of our ads and only in direct relation to that ad. We have a hash on the imei and our unique salt is never shared with anyone else. All of the platform’s intelligence lies with us, we never transfer any data to advertisers or anyone else. We are in charge of matching the ad that the advertiser wants to place with a user that is right now interested in that category. The advertisers never know which one of the users saw or clicked what ad.
One additional point on the users rights - before we activate our service we explicitly ask for the user’s approval to run. Most users click yes. On ever ad or caller ID we present we provide a link to the settings page of the app that brought us to the device. In the settings page there is a checkbox that allows the user to disable our service without any hassle. We also ask our developers to mention that they work with our sponsored caller ID service in the app description in the store.

We pay once a month. By the 7th of the following month you will receive all of the reports you could need and by the 9th the payment will be in your Paypal account. This means that 3 days ago our developers received payment for their January installs.

I hope I have captured all of your questions here and please feel free to respond with any additional questions you have.
All of us here are really looking forward to learning from your questions and from working with you.

Cheers,
Elnor

Thanks a lot for your message, that’s a lot of really useful information and it all looks very intriguing. I will definitely try it out.

Hi Elnor, thanks a lot for the useful info. Could you please also explain how is the revenue calculated
is it based on the number of installs? is it based on the number of ad impressions? is it click based?
Please give us some metrics money per install, ecpm whatever is applicable. Also in which countries/
markets do you have ad stock? I mean taking your pizzeria example I suppose you will serve an ad for
a call in USA, what about users in other geographic areas? do you cover those?

Example of ad unit using Chase bank number via emulator (see attached screenshots). Instead of blue boxes you would see the name of the app that produced the ad.

You get a push notification after each incoming or outgoing call. Emulator was obviously slow, so the ad unit didn’t load instantly. Haven’t tested on a real device yet.

Sidenote: you can only initialize the SDK within an activity.

Very cool so far though!

AdSampleInc.jpg

AdSampleOut.jpg

AdSampleNotification.jpg

Yannis,

Please excuse any typos - writing on mobile.

We pay for every active install in our target geographies. This means that as long as your app is installed on a device - we will pay for the install every month. Think of it as rent. We pay you for the right to be on the device.
Currently we pay $5 per 1k installs every month. We will pay this amount even if your users never open the app during the month. So for 100k installs you will get $500 every month forever:)
Please bear in mind that since we do not replace any of your existing ad solutions you can continue earning whatever you currently make with them and get paid by us on top of that.

Right now we only cover the US. We are still very young and are working really hard to add more geographies as fast as we can. As soon as we open these new territories we will pay you for them too.

We are also working on getting our fill rate up and when we get to something that makes sense we will be offering you guys a very attractive rev share program.

Bottom line is that we are a new network that is trying to do something revolutionary in the space and come up with a solution that doesnt annoy users but still makes you guys an obscene amount of money:)
We are looking for a few early adopters to work with so we can do this revolution together.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
Elnor

Hi.

Sounds very interesting. Must these 1000 installs installed (this will become a stupid sentence) over the complete month? Or is it more for the average amount of installed apps in U.S. over the 30 days of a month?

Best regards

Not stupid at all:)

This is for an entire month. But we care about total installs not specific devices.

The payment formula is:
Sum of total active devices throughout the month divided by the number of days in the month.

Does this explain it well?

Cheers,
Elnor

Elnor,

Thanks for fielding all the questions so far. I have one for you :slight_smile:
Do you offer some sort of a publisher console that provides us with stats or reports?