Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Leadbolt, where is the money ?

Hi there,

I uploaded a game a week ago. The game has integrated an appwall and an interstitial. The interstitial has got more than 400 clicks up to this day, but 0 revenue. The CTR is pretty high (more than 20%).

I know Leadbolt is a mixed CPA/CPC network, but ... this smells fishy to me. What do you guys think ? I know I'm not getting a lot of impressions in this particular application, but... 0 revenue ? Every other ad format I've implemented gets some revenue.

On the other hand, with Airpush's Smartwall I always get some good revenue, even in low traffic apps. The CPM for Airpush's smartwall is also much better. Only thing that is keeping me from ditching Leadbolt is that I don't want to show Airpush's opt-in just for the appwall...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i had the EXACT same problem with leadbolt - insane "click"s with zero revenue .on top of that - leadbolt's SDK was somehow blocking Airpush so since i removed leadbolt completely airpush is delivering mad numbers . hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am actually quite disappointed with their appwall returns as well. The HTML looks crappy and I am getting less than 20 clicks a day. I am making like 3 cents a day. Screw this. I'm going to remove them soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adevinneed View Post
    I am actually quite disappointed with their appwall returns as well. The HTML looks crappy and I am getting less than 20 clicks a day. I am making like 3 cents a day. Screw this. I'm going to remove them soon.
    I guess what is happening here is that they are running out of advertisers, so there are very few CPA campaigns running right now. So no matter how many clicks you get, they won't pay you.

Official Company Representative
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Please PM me your details and we can work through this. It is not normal to have no revenue so something might be wrong, possibly on the implementation. Androider, I know Frank reached out to you before and never received a response. We aren't here to screw our publishers, if no one makes money, they leave, we lose traffic. I think every network can mention it's in their best interest to make their publishers money (both web and mobile).

Also, there is no way our SDK blocks any other network. That would be a silly move on our part and people would be able to circumvent it.

Lastly, we have plenty of advertisers, this keeps getting brought up every so often. We aren't running out of advertisers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadBolt View Post
    Lastly, we have plenty of advertisers, this keeps getting brought up every so often. We aren't running out of advertisers.
    Not to be a shill or anything, but I did around 1mil impressions with LB yesterday... so they are not running out of adverts.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Androider:

I uploaded a game a week ago. The game has integrated an appwall and an interstitial. The interstitial has got more than 400 clicks up to this day, but 0 revenue. The CTR is pretty high (more than 20%).
    I am getting about $0.47 to $1.5 - varies hugely - on the Leadbolt AppWall HTML ads (interstitial) - I prefetch the ads so the display is INSTANT.

On around 200-300 "clicks" (more than one app) it is making anywhere from $10 to $16 per day.

So your 400 "clicks" should give around $10-$20 or something.

What are the typical eCPMs people are getting with the Leadbolt AppWall HTML ads ? Though this will also vary by how often you present it. Obviously if you only present it HALF the time, the eCPM will be higher (users less tired of it PER ad viewing) - however it may not give DOUBLE the revenue - which means showing it more frequently may be better still (if you are talking in terms of revenue).

Leadbolt:

Please PM me your details and we can work through this. It is not normal to have no revenue so something might be wrong, possibly on the implementation. Androider, I know Frank reached out to you before and never received a response. We aren't here to screw our publishers, if no one makes money, they leave, we lose traffic. I think every network can mention it's in their best interest to make their publishers money (both web and mobile).
    Also, there is no way our SDK blocks any other network. That would be a silly move on our part and people would be able to circumvent it.

If you could provide a version of your Leadbolt AppWall HTML ad (interstitial) that includes a:

tryToPreFetchUrl();
    tryToShowAds()
    tryToShowOccasionalAds(duration);

As I have posted code for in:

LeadBolt App Wall Code Sample - Activity with WebView for HTML Ads
    Thread: LeadBolt App Wall Code Sample - Activity with WebView for HTML Ads

That might help some developers who don't have the time to implement a prefetch mechanism - on slow connections the "Loading" dialog box (that appears as the app loads the Leadbolt AppWall HTML) may be causing lower viewings of the ads (I am assuming user can click back key to get out of the ad prematurely ?).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Then why don't you show us the FILL RATE ? There's nothing to be afraid of if you have plenty of advertisers... Every other major ad network publishes the fill rate.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I wonder if PART of the problem is if you are using the prepackaged Leadbolt AppWall HTML ads - which can have a 5-10 second wait time on slow connections.

If I was a user, I would not wait for the ads to show and would press the back button etc.

It is possibly that THAT is part of the problem maybe ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adforandroidapps View Post
    I wonder if PART of the problem is if you are using the prepackaged Leadbolt AppWall HTML ads - which can have a 5-10 second wait time on slow connections.

If I was a user, I would not wait for the ads to show and would press the back button etc.

It is possibly that THAT is part of the problem maybe ?
    No, that is not the problem. I use the HTML version with a progress dialog and I actually get registered clicks, so no way that is the problem. Also, since I also use icon ads (which actually just show up the App Wall) I know there has been a decline in revenue.

Maybe it's what everyone is talking about. You know, that January is a bad month for advertising... we'll see...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast